Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Because its a TAG, I don\'t fold ($50 Full Tilt)

I fold to that suspicious flop raise.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually like to make something along the lines of a min 4bet on the flop to find out i'm at in this situation. a set/2pr would shove and i would allow myself to get away from this hand. it is highly unlikely that the villain has an ace with a higher kicker than you since he didn't 3bet you preflop. if he calls the min 4bet on the flop, i shove any non-heart on the turn. if he shoves min 4bet on the flop, fold. i think this would be better than the weak/passive route.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean min-4 bet? I bet $3, he raised me $4... are you suggesting I raise it another $4? He's not going to fold any draw for another $4 (there'd be about a $20 pot at this point). And I'm opening the betting for another raise. Not sure the value of this.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM

I play this way vs certain people.. makes u look like a spewtard station sometimes.. but it works.

a flush draw is air till it hits.

I personally think I would have check raised him on the turn when I saw that weak bet.

blackice, since he raised and then bet 3 streets with his draw, seems likely he might have just shoved if hero got more agressive, pushing hero off the best hand.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i actually like to make something along the lines of a min 4bet on the flop to find out i'm at in this situation. a set/2pr would shove and i would allow myself to get away from this hand. it is highly unlikely that the villain has an ace with a higher kicker than you since he didn't 3bet you preflop. if he calls the min 4bet on the flop, i shove any non-heart on the turn. if he shoves min 4bet on the flop, fold. i think this would be better than the weak/passive route.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean min-4 bet? I bet $3, he raised me $4... are you suggesting I raise it another $4? He's not going to fold any draw for another $4 (there'd be about a $20 pot at this point). And I'm opening the betting for another raise. Not sure the value of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mentioned that you've been tangling with him a lot and stealing his blinds. for this reason i 4bet the flop here to show strength and push the villain off any stone cold bluffs because it is very likely the villain is playing back at you.

the villain may choose to push here but that is highly unlikely. most are content with calling with the FD. however, we do not know what he has, so of course, we may be folding the best hand to his push here from time to time.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:23 PM

betting the turn imo is good to protect vs draws.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JhQh is not air so i'm not sure in what sense Prodonkey is right on.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, on the river its air. I meant right on in that he put the villain on his hand.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you basically have the nuts on the flop against a TAG because bottom set is the only hand that could conceivably be beating you and even that probably re-raises preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

You think most tags are 3 betting small pocket pairs preflop? I don't find most players 3 betting other tightish players preflop with hands other then the likes of AK or JJ-AA. Do you play above $50 tables? I suspect better players at higher stakes may reraise lighter more often.

I'm curious, ilya, what your thoughts are about the villains likely range the way it was played and how you would have played the hand. (I am a bit surprised that you say TP 9 kicker is the virtual nuts here)

[ QUOTE ]
this is KK/QQ basically never IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. If it was a calling station, maybe. But I don't think most TAGs are going to smoothcall here. If they do smoothcall here, they're not going to triple barrel it with the ace on the board and me smooth calling their raises.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually like to make something along the lines of a min 4bet on the flop to find out i'm at in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
What, other than Ax, do you also min 3bet on the flop?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i actually like to make something along the lines of a min 4bet on the flop to find out i'm at in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
What, other than Ax, do you also min 3bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen this done by 2pr, set, FD, SD, the works.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:30 PM

For those saying this would be a weird like for KK or QQ, I agree. But isn't it a weird line for any hand? How many people out there are minraising their flush draws?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM

so what do we beat here?, A6, A7 or a busted flush draw
I fold this on the turn.