Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Whats more important, chip accumulation or survival?

obv this is going to be situational on different stages of mtt's, what I want to know is when is either the correct strategy to use during an mtt and why?

I have this leak in my game where my mind gets so set on trying to build a stack during or close to the bubble that I take very ill advised gambles in hopes of building a stack to make a run for it. Ever since ive started learning and trying out resteals, my game has taken a turn for the worse. Idk, maybe this is just the learning proccess I have to go through to get better at them...
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Whats more important, chip accumulation or survival?

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since ive started learning and trying out resteals, my game has taken a turn for the worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into a bit of that too. Think the key is to do it with some sophistication; do it when you think odds are better than average it will succeed, not just merely because you can and it's bubble time.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:11 PM

Restealing is kind of tricky. You have to develop a decent read on your opponent, meaning you need to watch their opening raise sizes and the frequency that they raise when it is folded to them. I pretty much never resteal from anyone before the hijack. You have to make sure you have enough FE as well. Once you start giving better than 2:1, you probably shouldn't resteal without a super solid read.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 PM

chip accumulation, not close. (obviously you re not supposed to push 27o in order to double up, but you shouldnt be giving up much of an edge, if any)