View Poll Results: This is a good idea and I smoke weed
Agree 15 46.88%
Disagree 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: KG traded to Celtics for Jefferson/othercrap

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok...saying Rondo is replaceable but Gomes was a keeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell are you getting this from? I said, "Al and Rondo and a bunch of replaceable part." Is it not clear there that Rondo is not one of the replaceables?

Losing Gomes isn't a killer, but I agree with Clark that it's a sign of poor negotiation. They definitely should have been able to swing something to keep him. He'd be a valuable bench player right now. He does exactly what you want a guy subbing in for the 3 and 4 spots to do. Defends decently, rebounds well, can score opportunistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably cuz you grouped rondo in with the rest of the people they traded away and isolated gomes? just a thought.

nobody needs to tell me how good gomes is...i am one of the few people who was a fan of his at providence BEFORE he ripped UConn a new one forcing calhoun to admit he F*'d up letting the local kid slip away...

sure losing gomes hurts...but come on now...al jeff, a couple worthless #1's (even the minny 09 pick shouldnt be THAT high with brewer/foye/al jeff etc. by then) and trash...

C's got a top 25 player of all time...who can still put in a good 3-4 years in exchange for a great young post player and role players...contrary to popular belief, gerald green is garbage.

people talk about his 'potential'...give me a break...because he tears up summer league? von wafer went for 42 in summer league...and that fool is garbage too.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok...saying Rondo is replaceable but Gomes was a keeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell are you getting this from? I said, "Al and Rondo and a bunch of replaceable part." Is it not clear there that Rondo is not one of the replaceables?

Losing Gomes isn't a killer, but I agree with Clark that it's a sign of poor negotiation. They definitely should have been able to swing something to keep him. He'd be a valuable bench player right now. He does exactly what you want a guy subbing in for the 3 and 4 spots to do. Defends decently, rebounds well, can score opportunistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably cuz you grouped rondo in with the rest of the people they traded away and isolated gomes? just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reading comprehension sucks.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Clark...if Boston made a couple of Finals in the next 2-3 years, then struggled mightily for the next 5 years or so, would you consider this a failure?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a results-oriented fest. What if they make a finals, lose, and Jefferson and Green develop into all-stars.

Stinking for 5-years is optomistic. It's HARD to rebuild from scratch. I think doing this move is a sign that they weren't even comfortable that they would get there in another 3-4 years with their current nucleus, which was already 3-4 years in the making.

To reiterate above, Jefferson for KG is at best marginal. He could be better than KG (and a better fit due to his playing style) in 2 years. To add in high quality parts like Green and two first rounders, in addition to a handy guy like Gomes is a massive, massive premium.

Said another way, I am guessing this deal makes them about 4 wins better this year , maybe no wins better next year, and totally guts their cap space, flexibility, and long-term prospects. Jefferson is 22. That's a ton of future to give up, even if he doesn't develop much at all, which seems unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 wins better than what? Last year? Are you seriously implying that you think this a 30-35 win team this year? I know you like to say crazy [censored] from time to time to get under people's skin, but you can't seriously think this team wins less than 45 games.

Hahahaha, Clark's argument is so bad.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Bodog odds are [censored] but what I found there was:

Sox 3:1
Celtics 5:1
Patriots 8:5

Comes out to 24:1 and they'd probably even cut it down to like 20:1 or lower to take that bet.

True odds are prob more like:

Sox 15%
Celtics 8%
Patriots 20%

So around 400:1

[/ QUOTE ]

Patriots don't have a 20% chance of winning the SB, wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
gerald green is garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but he does have potential (i.e. we can't totally write him off yet), and could've fetched something decent all on his own via trade.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:43 PM

Clark,

"I am guessing this deal makes them about 4 wins better this year"

Haha wow, I've never seen you step on your dick so hard before. You know they won 24 games last year, right?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

Haha wow, I've never seen you step on your dick so hard before. You know they won 24 games last year, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than they were immediately prior to the KG trade.

No KG trade, I'd think 44-45 wins is reasonable. Post KG trade, 49-50.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that they had made other moves before this trade, right?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your reading comprehension sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgive me for believing that people here were well informed and knew that minny was demanding either rondo or gomes...or no dice...i apologize...i will never overestimate the knowledge of this board again.

from the standpoint of someone who knew that minny was demanding one or the other (because it has been published probably 5,000 different times by now)...it would be easy to believe that he was implying rondo should have been grouped into the trade instead of gomes...

insult all you want...cuz i'm still the one holding the 275:1 ticket on the celtics for this season...sucker
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No KG trade, I'd think 44-45 wins is reasonable. Post KG trade, 49-50.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is almost tragic...because any other coach in the league besides Doc could probably push them towards or above 60...

i have a feeling they will get some solid vet min help