Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: AK in $75 18k gtd

[ QUOTE ]
edit: what hands do we beat if villain shoves?

[/ QUOTE ]

We beat enough hands that makes it mandatory to call getting 2.6-1 odds if we bet 3/4 of the pot. Adding just AK and A7 to the range that beats us, is enough to get odds to call. Only the stats 16/12 is simply not enough to put him solely on AA, KK, 77 or 66.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:58 PM

again i ask which hands are we beating? i don't think anyone has said yet what we're beating, or what villain may hold if he shoves over our lead out on the river...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA,77 should be betting the flop with the flush draw there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, AA and 77 SHOULD be betting the flop w/ the FD out there, but not everyone bets their flopped sets. also it is a safer check on that board HU rather than if 3 other people were in the pot. however, that still doesn't discount the fact that villain may still hold AA/77
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
again i ask which hands are we beating? i don't think anyone has said yet what we're beating, or what villain may hold if he shoves over our lead out on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres two flush draws on the turn, unless hes a complete moron, hes raising the Turn with AA or whatever monster he has, bet a good amount on the river, and call a shove.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres two flush draws on the turn, unless hes a complete moron, hes raising the Turn with AA or whatever monster he has, bet a good amount on the river, and call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya lol im a moron. This is an ez hand. If he checked a set on flop and flatted on turn then wow. I bet 1400 and called his shove. He had 77.

Bao, the thing is, you dont know what type of player this guy is. A lot of donks value shove much worse hands in this spot and you will also see some busted draws occasionally.