Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Default NL50 - folding AK TPTK on A turn when b/3b ai

Just found this when trawling through my DB to rebuff someone. How's this turn fold? It seems quite disciplined (and obvious) to me. Assume for a minute that villain is unknown - since I can't remember him.

just think we don't see a lot of standardly played hands at uNL, which skews our perception a tad.

Flop comments also welcome.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $143.30
BB: $49.25
UTG: $59.60
Hero (MP): $50.00
CO: $57.76
BTN: $66.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($8.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $141.30</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $164.80
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: NL50 - folding AK TPTK on A turn when b/3b ai

Yes, I think that's probably a standard fold at this point. With SB out of position there's a strong chance he missed a flop c/r. It's possible that you're looking at another AK here but there should be a good deal in his range that has you spanked.

With that said, if you're going to fold to the reraise, I don't really like the initial raise. Where's your value coming from? What hands will SB call with in this spot that you beat? AJ, maybe? KQ if you're lucky?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM

i like the flop check. that flop hits so many hands, cbetting into 4people here is throwing money away IMO

on the turn i dont like your raise, you're basically bluffing, i cant see him calling with stuff you beat too often. i dont actually hate just folding, but maybe thats incredably weak of me. at th time i think i just call and see what happens on the river.

as played its a standard fold when shoves.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 PM

Can't call that bet on that board. As for the turn, I'm for calling. He might be semibluffing a draw or he might be way ahead.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 PM

I agree with gumpzilla on this one. I would like a showdown as cheaply as possible. I call the turn and re-evaluate on river.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 PM

So i like that my turn fold is good. I agree the turn raise is poor in retrospect, i should be flat calling and hoping for a non-club J, plus seeing if i get priced into SD with TPTK or maybe if i back into 2 pair.

The problem with the turn raise is it does force opponent to play perfectly - raising me out with better hands (Good for me), but folding out worse hands (Bad for me) except when villain has a worse 1 pair hand (not always, if very often). A lesson learned for next time, we do hope.