Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM

Default I play so weak vs all raises/ crs

hero opens in HJ 4x, BB calls... total nit from stats over 150 hands like 18/15 or so preflop and a total af of only 1.0 despite playing tag preflop

flop 322r
hero makes a standard cbet of 8, bb goes 22....

what hands are u calling with, anyone prefer to 3bet here if continuing?

does it matter if theres a fd, with his af I doubt hes semi bluffing a ton and this isnt a good board for FE anyways (who knows if he thinks like that though)

My basic question is do players with these stats cr anything besides a deuce or 33 here to continue even with AA or KK (and if so is call call call better to felt off than 3 betting the flop).

I know it would depend on the players postflop tendencies some this may be a call others not but vs the general pool of players with these stats and thats are only read what do u continue with and how so?

if u call the flop cr and he bets like half his remaining full stack on the turn (so 40 with alittle more or less than 40 behind) u do what now with JJ+ if u call the flop cr?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: I play so weak vs all raises/ crs

Certainly just call with AA-QQ if you're continuing with it.

3betting lets him get away from 77-QQ cheap

I just call turn with overpairs too.

I want to take JJ+ to showdown with a call call call line if possible.

TT-88 depends on bet size on turn
Old 07-31-2007, 09:08 PM

let me ask this do we think someone with these stats (rarely calling and usually opening or raising preflop) do they just call in this spot with QQ+ pre ever? I know its possible but if they hardly ever call and 3bet a normal range arent most of those calls gonna be vs an open when they have a small PP? doesnt leave much of a gap between his vpip and pfr to get fancy or passive and just call big hands.

and with an AF of 1 do we really think he cr's here with overpairs 88-JJ that often, wouldnt his af be quite a bit higher if he was in the habit of playing those hands here this way or cr'ing like 54 ect?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Based on his stats, he is almost never just calling preflop with QQ+ and he is certainly not playing any hand that involves a 2. The bulk of his range is something like 22-TT. He is using a c/r to try to get you off of big cards. The move is to call, hope the turn is not an A or K, which will shut him down because he's now behind most big card hands plus all big pairs, and then shove any turn. If he happens to show you a flopped boat or quads or a turned boat, such is life.