Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Baylor 0 0%
Washington State (in Seattle) 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: How Big Of A Life Nit Am I? (Cell phones on trains)

I think in general this is always not a cell phone issue and just a "is the person an [censored]?" issue.

You can use a phone and not be annoying and you can project to the whole bus/train and just be a dick.

Frankly I think the poor cell phones get blamed for the actions of their owners far too often.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, this is a huge pet peeve of mine and something i think is really wrong with society today.

people just get all pissy about stuff that bothers them. just because something bothers you doesn't mean it's wrong or inconsiderate. you don't have a right to not be bothered in public. yeah, some stuff is obviously way over the line, but people get way too upset about normal human activities just because everyone thinks they're the most important person in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of this thread is that despite the fact that everyone on the train is bothered by it, nobody gets "pissy" or does anything about it. They just go home and complain, sometimes to their families but mostly to OOT.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When the other person doesn't pick up, you of course click your tongue at the phone, and loudly announce, "This [censored] never answer his mother [censored] phone." Then you leave him a message that says, "Answer yo mother [censored] phone, [censored]."

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this being in ebonics imply that the people who talk on cell phones on trains are African-Americans?

lol

Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly think it is a big issue, but it's like if you invite some friends over to watch Schindler's List and one of them comes in with a huge bowl of popcorn. Really doesn't jive well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not allowed to change the setting in trying to say that it's not that weird.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

people just get all pissy about stuff that bothers them. just because something bothers you doesn't mean it's wrong or inconsiderate. you don't have a right to not be bothered in public. yeah, some stuff is obviously way over the line, but people get way too upset about normal human activities just because everyone thinks they're the most important person in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a lot to this. Also, I'd say I'm probably only in the top 20 most important people in the world.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, this is a huge pet peeve of mine and something i think is really wrong with society today.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's seinfeld syndrome

also i think 'most important person in the world' disease is what causes people to call their friends when they're sitting on the train.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but people get way too upset about normal human activities just because everyone thinks they're the most important person in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, are you saying that the person who gets upset thinks he's the most important person in the world, or the people that upset him do?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly think it is a big issue, but it's like if you invite some friends over to watch Schindler's List and one of them comes in with a huge bowl of popcorn. Really doesn't jive well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not allowed to change the setting in trying to say that it's not that weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how I was changing the setting considering no setting was given. Same thing can apply to the theater. Or TV. You can talk with friends and eat dinner and stuff during Entourage or 24. You don't really do that during the Sopranos.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Meh, I commute to and from work on a train. I'm not just going to write off an hour and a half of my life each day. I'll use it to chat to family or do business if I have to. I couldn't honestly imagine being annoyed at another person using a phone unless they were shouting. It's exactly the same as talking to a friend sat next to you. If it bothers you get earphones.

Your life must be miserable if stuff this trivial annoys you.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not just going to write off an hour and a half of my life each day.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you're getting sweet value out of your time by calling... family. To talk about absolutely nothing important.