Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Deep 2/4 nlhe hand vs a lagtard

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (BB): $1,159.00
SB: $1,303.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Flop: ($24) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, SB calls $40.00

Turn: ($144) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $100.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $310.00</font>, Hero calls $210.00

River: ($764) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $480.00</font>, Hero calls $480.00

Pot Size: $1,724.00 ($0.50 Rake)

Villian is foldforfood. He has been very laggy and I know he expects me to have raised pre with a big ace and I purposely wanted him to think i was weak with the weak lead. Thoughts?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Deep 2/4 nlhe hand vs a lagtard

I can get away from this. A2/A3/A5/A6 beats you and there are plenty of other hands that do as well. Is he really laggy enough that he will reraise the turn and make a value-looking bet on the river with something like AT? Even if he is, he's probably making this same play with two pair. All this with the four-straight on board, which obviously he can't put you on but may deter him from betting a hand like AJ or AT. It's a real tough spot, I might reraise the turn here actually, but if we call and check the river, I don't think I can make the crying call.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 AM

By the river you're beat (or at best maybe tied?) for sure. The $480 bet instead of making the effective allin for what, $200 more (and still less than the pot size) really smells of value bet. After the turn play I can't see him making that bet there hoping for a fold. You could be tied, but that'd be really surprising. I would think that if you're winning here you'd have seen stuff earlier in your session to suggest that. 'LAGTARD' really isn't very descriptive or all that helpful -- people are aggressive in different ways.

Generally it's not the best to put in 200 BB on a single-raised pot with one pair. Depending on the opponent, you might be able to get away from this on the turn. When you lead away out of position and get raised that big on that board, you have to expect that you're often going to be facing another bet on the river and you don't have the hand to fade it.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the river you're beat (or at best maybe tied?) for sure. The $480 bet instead of making the effective allin for what, $200 more (and still less than the pot size) really smells of value bet. After the turn play I can't see him making that bet there hoping for a fold. You could be tied, but that'd be really surprising. I would think that if you're winning here you'd have seen stuff earlier in your session to suggest that. 'LAGTARD' really isn't very descriptive or all that helpful -- people are aggressive in different ways.

Generally it's not the best to put in 200 BB on a single-raised pot with one pair. Depending on the opponent, you might be able to get away from this on the turn. When you lead away out of position and get raised that big on that board, you have to expect that you're often going to be facing another bet on the river and you don't have the hand to fade it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how we are ever tied as played or him having a worse ace unless he turned it into a bluff. I beat a bluff here not something trying to get razor thin value. I am more concerened with what does he think I have and does he think he can get me off of it? He was very agressive even deep and even spewy at certain spots. He 3 bet alot pre and really came after me if he felt I couldn't take the heat. I felt like my line makes my hand look like something that can't take the heat and he may think he can get me off of even two pair with the one liner out there being this deep. I basically beat a worse hand turned into a bluff or a missed fd. Maybe this hand is too read dependant to make for good discussion.

Most importantly, what is he valuebetting on the river with the one liner?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 AM

wow tough spot, i can't put him on a hand really and it could be a bluff, I can't fold. one thing i don't like is the size of your c/r on the flop. i'd make it 85-90
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 AM

Not sure why you posted this one exactly. This is so dependant on the villian and the flow of the match. The obvious answer based on the board is fold even against a lag tard, as people don't tend to get crazy on ace high one card stright boards, and because you didn't repop him preflop, your hand is actually repped stronger than what it is (it looks much more like 2 pair+ than just TPTK).

There are times when this call might be appropriate, if things have been going crazy.

I looked at my hands against foldforfood, and I think I was on tilt when I played him, but it seems like when he plays big pots, in general he has a big hand (this was at 5/10).

You might have picked him off this one time, but in general against him, this looks like a -EV call.