Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: NL 100: AQ on AT9 flop

[ QUOTE ]
I will often reraise OTB in this spot with lots of hands worse than AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont.

This board could have smashed the pf raiser over the head, you dont need to raise to find that out. If you just call a small pocket pair for instance will often check/fold the turn.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your opponent bets oop on the flop, how often do you reraise with nothing at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reasoning behind your thinking. It all makes good sense until the quoted part above. Remember villain is the button and my bet is a standard C-bet. I will often reraise OTB in this spot with lots of hands worse than AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, that's why we just call. Would you say that you reraise here with weak hands vs strong hands with such a high proportion that it's right to push all in against you every time? If so, that's a serious leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the math is that the button needs to have a worse hand than AQ 80%+ of the time to make this +EV. Then on another level, can we make more by calling on the turn and the river with (still) the best hand, vs. the tradeoff of giving villain the chance to catch up, in addition to the possibility that I'll make the wrong decision and fold the best hand? Still not sure which way is best. Somehow early in my study of poker the concept of "protect your hand" gained prominence, and obviously calling and checking the turn does not protect my perceived advantage on the flop.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM

terrible shove. you're putting him on QJ/78 every time?

against most opponents, i'd either fold the flop or call and reevaluate on the turn