I think I can sum up this thread (and a couple others) in one statement:

"Anyone who really wants to be a cop should never be allowed to be a cop."
Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just ru

[ QUOTE ]
I think I can sum up this thread (and a couple others) in one statement:

"Anyone who really wants to be a cop should never be allowed to be a cop."

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of a quote from some police chief. When choosing who in the department to be on the SWAT team, he would always take a show of hands to see who was interested. Whoever raised their hand would never get on the team.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

I rolled through the stop sign next to my house yesterday and got pulled over. The officer (hot female) called for backup (LOL?) and said backups proceeded to blow two stop signs, make two U-turns, and one of them parked on the sidewalk, all with their lights off. Thanks to this thread, I found this all amusing.

(It was all a sham, though. The officers who pulled me over were part of the department subsection whose job it is to pull people over on the flimsiest of excuses and then search the car for guns, drugs, dead hookers, etc. So the hot female cop patted me down while the rest of them searched my car from top to bottom. All told, just about a 15-minute circlejerk.)

(And no, I didn't make any comments to the hot female cop like, "Yeah, I'm packing a weapon, baby," because when she found it, her comeback would have basically told itself: "A .22?!")
Old 07-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Marchron,

Why'd you let them search your car?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 PM

F DA POLICE
Old 08-01-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I rolled through the stop sign next to my house yesterday and got pulled over. The officer (hot female) called for backup (LOL?) and said backups proceeded to blow two stop signs, make two U-turns, and one of them parked on the sidewalk, all with their lights off. Thanks to this thread, I found this all amusing.

(It was all a sham, though. The officers who pulled me over were part of the department subsection whose job it is to pull people over on the flimsiest of excuses and then search the car for guns, drugs, dead hookers, etc. So the hot female cop patted me down while the rest of them searched my car from top to bottom. All told, just about a 15-minute circlejerk.)

(And no, I didn't make any comments to the hot female cop like, "Yeah, I'm packing a weapon, baby," because when she found it, her comeback would have basically told itself: "A .22?!")

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. 22 INCHES!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Just a quick note about police work. Some calls do go out that are not “code 3” (Burglaries in progress, fights, etc) that you will run a light for. More importantly I will run lights to back up my partner or any other member of my crew. Someone else might get a “3” call or take a traffic stop and I admit I’m going to run a light to get to him. This might have something to do with the fact that I work in the most violent area of Miami (Little Haiti) but I would imagine that it occurs in more laid back areas also.
If an officer is running lights just cause, “I’m a cop and I do what I please” then red light running is the least of our concern with this guy. Hopefully good supervisors can pick out this kind of mentality and take corrective action.
Come on down to Miami and I’ll set you up with a ride along. Your heart will be pumping so hard by the end of shift you won’t remember the traffic lights, much less if you stopped at them.

Magic City Sergeant
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marchron,

Why'd you let them search your car?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd forgotten the lyrics to the second verse of "99 Problems."

Seriously, though, I had nothing illegal in my car, so it was only a waste of time. Being a nit about my rights might have felt good, but depending on the level of assholery of the police in question, it might have led them to "find something," which would be worse.

I wasn't in a hurry.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:39 PM

I'd think the police can do their job better when they aren't stopped at a red light so as long as they are doing it safely you shouldn't be too annoyed.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd think the police can do their job better when they aren't stopped at a red light so as long as they are doing it safely you shouldn't be too annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are actually doing their job better, then yeah, great. If they are just blowing through the light because they don't feel like waiting, then they are obnoxious coksukers.

It's not a matter of being annoyed, the degree of people's reaction is a personal thing. It's a matter of the cops in question being hypocritical pricks who are pissing on the laws I'm paying them to enforce.