Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Just purchased PT.... am I a NIT?

you call too much pf.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you call too much pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays full ring, not 6-max.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a first time poster so bare with me, and I apologize for the length. I am not new to playing online but after being stacked too many times by NITS or laying down a monster against a LAG so I decided PT would be a good investment and so I could attempt to track all stats.

After 9500 hands my VP$IP is 16.43, PFR% is 7.85 and PFAF is .84 and I have been winning at 5.5bb/100.

Judging from those stats I look like a NIT but my issue is I 6-table and often 8-table. So when multitabling I would normally play fewer hands and concentrate more on position, could that be reason for my stats?

Also from my small database the average players stats are VP$IP of 25.52 and a PFR% 6.79 and the biggest winners are close to my stats with <25 VP$IP.

Do these stats hold up over a larger database or is it just due to my smaller collectino of hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Winning is all that matters!!! You are and at a decent rate! Good Job.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you call too much pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays full ring, not 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i have no idea then.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM

also you should get poker patterns or poker grapher to quickly view session earnings and such (and to post on bbv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), additionally if you play only NL then you can make PT calculate bb/100 as actual big blinds / 100 and not big bets / 100 if you so desire... its under the preferences tab inside the ring game stats, its a checkbox thats says "treat 'bb' for nl/pl as big blind amt"
Old 07-30-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also you should get poker patterns or poker grapher to quickly view session earnings and such (and to post on bbv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), additionally if you play only NL then you can make PT calculate bb/100 as actual big blinds / 100 and not big bets / 100 if you so desire... its under the preferences tab inside the ring game stats, its a checkbox thats says "treat 'bb' for nl/pl as big blind amt"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip, now my winrate doubled [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a first time poster so bare with me, and I apologize for the length. I am not new to playing online but after being stacked too many times by NITS or laying down a monster against a LAG so I decided PT would be a good investment and so I could attempt to track all stats.

After 9500 hands my VP$IP is 16.43, PFR% is 7.85 and PFAF is .84 and I have been winning at 5.5bb/100.

Judging from those stats I look like a NIT but my issue is I 6-table and often 8-table. So when multitabling I would normally play fewer hands and concentrate more on position, could that be reason for my stats?

Also from my small database the average players stats are VP$IP of 25.52 and a PFR% 6.79 and the biggest winners are close to my stats with <25 VP$IP.

Do these stats hold up over a larger database or is it just due to my smaller collectino of hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think thta even though your not playing a lot of hands, at this limit its more beneficial yo play tighter. So if being a nit is netting you 5ptbb/100 then keep playing like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 AM

did you get the pattern mapper with that or do you plan to buy it in the future?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you get the pattern mapper with that or do you plan to buy it in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to my knowledge, not unless it is included in volume 2. Pattern mappers ounds like something I would be interested in as it would help to show my leaks.

I know more is better but approx. how many hands should you have in your database to develop patterns as mine with only 10k is still affected by a single large win/loss?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to my knowledge, not unless it is included in volume 2. Pattern mappers ounds like something I would be interested in as it would help to show my leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, we can't sell you a pattern mapper until you buy some elevator tickets and participate in your first snipe hunt.