Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Default 100nl, QQ 3bet pot, deep.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $265.95
BB: $98.15
UTG: $238.85
MP: $70.45
Hero (CO): $209.20
BTN: $112.60

Reads: <font color="blue">villain is 20/11/3.8 over 450 hands.
small blind is a drooler, and calls almost anything preflop. villain realizes that his $4 is dead money essentially. he has 3bet me to 18 in another identical situation (i didnt have QQ tho)</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, <font color="red">SB raises to $18.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $14.00, BTN folds

Flop: ($41) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $30.00</font>, Hero calls $30.00

Turn: ($101) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $60.00</font>, SB calls $60.00

River: ($221) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero

My question isnt really about the river, its about every street really. Should I 4bet preflop? Should i pop it up on the flop? should I check the turn as played?

comments on all streets are welcome.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 100nl, QQ 3bet pot, deep.

I would probably just call the flop bet, I would not 4bet pf with queens.

The flop is fine, but I would definitely check on the turn. This is a form of pot control, and will hopefully get some value of hands that we beat.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM

I check the turn because that could give you some value extraction on the river from TT and JJ. As played I check behind river.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 PM

I really don't like the turn bet. I check behind and take him to valuetown on the river. You are effectivelty turning your hand into a bluff, as the A is a great scare card.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the turn bet. I check behind and take him to valuetown on the river. You are effectivelty turning your hand into a bluff, as the A is a great scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's kind of a stupid scare card because hero would have had to float the flop w/ AQ, AK. But I like checking behind turn too.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 PM

yeah i def. should have. what if i check turn and villain bets 1/2 pot on river?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:36 PM

if you check the turn and villian bets 1/2 pot it could very well be a blocking bet with some like JJ or KK. Pretty unlikely villian leads the flop with something like AK. the way you played this preflop screams you have AK (you didnt 4bet). i dont know, i think i jam the river if villian bets 1/2 pot...put his ass to a tough decision. you've really represented AK here with the reraise call preflop and then the smooth call on the flop and the bet on the turn when the A came out. if you took that line and i had KK i would probably kick my dog, punch my wall, and then fold. make sure you show your queens though when he folds so you put him on life tilt. even if he makes a frustration call and happens to take it down with kings, it would be a horrible call on his part and you can feel good about your play...IMO anyways.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you check the turn and villian bets 1/2 pot it could very well be a blocking bet with some like JJ or KK. Pretty unlikely villian leads the flop with something like AK. the way you played this preflop screams you have AK (you didnt 4bet). i dont know, i think i jam the river if villian bets 1/2 pot...put his ass to a tough decision. you've really represented AK here with the reraise call preflop and then the smooth call on the flop and the bet on the turn when the A came out. if you took that line and i had KK i would probably kick my dog, punch my wall, and then fold. make sure you show your queens though when he folds so you put him on life tilt. even if he makes a frustration call and happens to take it down with kings, it would be a horrible call on his part and you can feel good about your play...IMO anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it unlikely that villain leads the flop with AK?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 PM

Shove river.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? There aren't a lot of better hands we are aiming to fold?
Are you looking to fold AT-AJ, KK? I don't see that many more better hands folding and i can't see you shoving for value.

I don't think villain is 3betting AJ- thaaaaat often either.