Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Smoking weed

I will be quitting smoking pot at the end of the week. Before I decided to do this, I was going to invest in a vaporizer. Some friends brought one back from Amsterdam and it was awesome. I had started doing some research into this, to get myself one. I've found that my lungs are getting irritated from the pot smoke. I was rather surprised to find this, as I'd quit smoking cigarettes 20 months ago. I figured the way to go would be the vaporizer. You don't really get that pungent skunky weed taste, but you get more out of the pot you have, and with good pot you can get ripped off a small amount in a vapo.

Vapo the way to go IMO.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM

Pretty sure this belongs in MTTc...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A vaporizer is the best way to 'smoke' weed in terms of health, but using a vaporizer is a pita to use all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true...unless you've met Senor VaporGenie
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure this belongs in MTTc...

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 PM

just as a FYI I finally smoked a vapo (ty Wakko) and it was amazing , the high you get is sick too. So all around its a better device and top of the weed "smoking" chain.

For every propganda report that says smoking weed is 5x worse then cigs, there is one that shows other wise.

Make your own choice, see how you feel. Its a drug like alcohol or tobacco classify there effects and harms the same in your mind.

PS most that research is smoking a "joint" with a regular rolling paper, using cellulose or and unfiltered cig might change these results like a lot
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks for all the response guys.

I'm not like freaking out thinking "OMFG if I take a hit I might get lung cancer when I'm 40"

That's not what this is about.

It is more of a fitness thing. I box, and I don't want to absolutely kill my stamina. If I can use a vaporizer and feel the same, or close to the same(health-wise) as if I didn't smoke at all, then that's great. But if my only options are damage my lungs or give up smoking, then it's bye-bye marijuana.

Esad, you're a moron. My friend is very, very smart, and I can almost guarantee he has a genius IQ. I'm also an intelligent person, but thanks for judging both of us based on a single post.

Also, you are stupid if you think every website will give you the facts, plain and simple, without twisting anything or even making something up completely. A person who is biased will say some ridiculous things, especially with the anonymity of the internet.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A vaporizer is the best way to 'smoke' weed in terms of health, but using a vaporizer is a pita to use all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow that looks pretty cool, and it's cheap too. I'm assuming you've used it?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow that looks pretty cool, and it's cheap too. I'm assuming you've used it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Not as good as a Volcano or other comparable high end vapes, but it's way cheaper. This is more like a personal toke device. Small, easily concealed, and the biggest bonus (for me) is that if you have to toss it whatever. A friend of mine has had one for around 6 months, and still works great with consistent use.

It takes a little while to get used to regulating heat/air flow, but it's easy once you're used to it. Def. worth it for the budget stoner.

btw if you're just worried about fitness, I've found vaping is fine. I vape occasionally (2-3 times a month when I'm not training), and it hasn't significantly affected me (I am an amateur boxer). I dont know how heavy vaporizing would affect any serious athletic competitors just because all my friends of the wake-n-bake variety are too lazy to compete [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one of these and hate it.

Also you don't have to wait for your Volcano to heat up if you just leave it on all the time. Duh.

edit - also they started selling better valve/bag combo's that you can just throw away once things get dirty so you never have to bother cleaning it. also just keep a can of compressed air around and you can blow out all the little particles that clog things.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 PM

Hmm thats pretty interesting. I guess i'm gonna have to hit up the head shop next time im in Reno and see if the have any.