Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Default 25NL Top Pair, Did I play this badly?

this is the first hand im posting here, so i hope it works out okay. here i was reraised with AQ... i probably should have folded, especially since i was out of position... but after the flop came i thought i made the right decision.

The preflop reraise to me looked like JJ+, as I had one ace in my hand and one on the board, I did not suspect he would have AA. Also, I didnt feel he would preflop reraise with AK, so i thought my kicker was good too. After the all-in, I put him on a KK who couldnt get away from his hand. no reads on the villain. results are posted below. please let me know if i should have folded preflop (i think i should have) and if my play on the flop was okay.

thanks!

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($25)
Hero ($35.10)
CO ($25.25)
Button ($24.65)
SB ($22.25)
BB ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.35</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.35.

Flop: ($7.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $21.9 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $16.90.

Turn: ($-7.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($-7.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $50.85
Old 07-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: 25NL Top Pair, Did I play this badly?

I'd fold to his reraise preflop.

As played, you got what you wanted with that ace, so if you want to fold now, you might have folded PF as well.. that being said, yes call his shove in this case..