VPIP 34
PFR 3,2
Went to SD = 24
Won to SD = 60
0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand:

Texas Grabem 1.7 by

www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>,

<font color="grey">3 folds</font>, BU calls $0.50, <font color="grey">SB folds</font>, BB calls $0.40,

<font color="grey">UTG+2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.65) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="red">BU raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="grey">BB

folds</font>

what did he have? Your action.....
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: interesting hand!!!

first turn is spelled like that not tern... re raise him on flop
Old 07-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Why do you think so?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM

I like to smooth call in spots like this because a RR basically turns your hand face up. I often like call the flop followed by CRAI on the turn..
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Crushednuts, what CRAI does mean?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM

I think a re raise is in order here. We have the best hand more often than not, and while it may give away the strength of our hand we don't have a monster, so I'm not to worried about that. Just about any hand willing to raise our c bet on the flop is going to have outs to beat us, and probably quite a few. If we just call here and then check behind and go for a CRAI (check raise mihalych), what happens when he checks behind. Then we have effectively given him the lead in the hand and allowed him to draw to the river for his flush! He would have executed the free card play to perfection! Why would we allow that when we likely have the best hand already? Don't give a probable drawing hand a chance to draw to the river on their own terms!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM

AMadison, but what if he has had a set already?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM

Then we are in trouble. However, at the current point in the hand we are incapable of making that conclusion. The only conclusion we can make is that the villain is fairly loose and takes his shots at pots on the flop and slows down as the hand goes on (as indicated by his aggression factors on various betting rounds). Absent of any specific hand knowledge (which I think is way more valuable than statistics numbers). I am going to assume that the villain raises lots of hands here. Almost any flush draw, straight draw, (or both with say a 7c9c), An ace (if we are lucky!) like AQ, AJ, AT. And I can even see him trying to push you off your hand hoping you held say JJ or QQ and would give up to the A.

I personally am not going to play TPTK convinced everybody has a set just because they re-raised, especially an aggressive player, and especially on a board that a loose player is likely to have lots of drawing hands. I am going to play my hand very strong, and if the villain wants to play back at me again, then I'll consider giving up my hand to a set, but not for a min raise on the flop.

Lastly I think calling is the worst choice here. You gain essentially no information, you give up the lead in the hand, you allow a drawing hand to draw cheaply on his terms, and you since you're not catching up to a set, you don't give your self a chance to get away from the hand easily. I think by calling here, and on either the turn or river (if not both) you will invest another $5-$7 minimum on this hand. why not use it now to win the pot or force a draw to play with improper odds. The set is going to get the 5-7 from you pretty much no matter what, so I'm going to try my best to make the drawing hands not get it.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM

3bet this flop. a minraise could mean a lot of things. FD worse ace, a PP testing the waters and whatever the hell he feels like raising with. you cannot put him on one particular hand just because he minraises. so either 3bet flop or call+ pot a brick on the turn.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Ok, Thanks for your opinions.
My play was

<font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BU calls $3.00.

Turn: ($11.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.73</font>, <font color="red">BU raises to $0.73 (All-In)</font>.

River: ($13.11) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Final Pot: $13.11

Villian had three of a kind 8.