Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Anyone use Sprint\'s nationwide wireless thing?

I'm going to be living with my aunt for the last semester of college, and since she doesn't have internet, I thought I might just get sprint's nationwide wireless service.

However, before I do, I wanted to see if any 2p2ers have experience with it. I play tournaments primarily, so my #1 concern is stability; if I can expect to be frequently disconnected, that's a major downside.

Anyone here use it?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Anyone use Sprint\'s nationwide wireless thing?

I have a Sprint wireless USB modem. I use it as my backup to broadband connection and also as my travel modem. It works great IMO. It's pretty pricey, however, at $59.99/month and that's with a 2-year contract.

It comes with a double USB cable that they recommend you use. (think Y-cable, one end you connect to the device and the other end (an end with two USB connections) you connect both connections to two seperate USB slots.) Apparently it helps with power or connection speed, not sure what it does specifically. It will work without the cable, however. I have to use the cable because my USB slot on my laptop is recessed a bit and the actual device won't fit without the cable.

Connection speed is adequate, but not quite broadband, obv. Dial up is adequate to play poker.