Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: 200NL, AQo hits TPTK in a 3-bet pot

This looks a lot like a set with his stats.
But if you think he'll only call 3 bets oop with TT+/AK, you should prolly ch behind on turn and call a river bet.
Secondly, I agree with the reasoning that you will make more from 99/TT/JJ if you check behind flop, but you will end up in dificult situations like this one too....
As played I'd fold but rememeber to either bet flop or ch turn next time
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: 200NL, AQo hits TPTK in a 3-bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
As Foxwoods Fiend says, "flush draws flush draws." I push here cause he could some sort of combo draw that wanted to max fold equity or see free river. This doesnt really seem like the board that he'd check twice with AA or KK. Sometimes you run into a set, but I think you're ahead enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinking about what I have, my most likely holding is AK, followed by JJ and QQ. If he has QQ or a flopped set, I think he would lead the turn. TT might not b/c he thinks his hand is disguised. When he c/rs the turn, I think a bluff is certainly within his range, likely AK, or maybe some weird FD. Given that I folded after 3-betting in our recent history, a bluff is more likely to be in his range. I think when a villain is playing a monster or air, we should be significantly more willing to see a showdown without a monster hand. Then again, his "air" is almost certainly a semi-bluff. I don't know how this affects things.