Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: \"All-In\" poker movie on cable

The movie was awful and the girl that played "Ace" acting was awful too. Maybe she is a trust fund baby that paid for the production in exchage for the lead.

Go find some reruns of the TV show Charlies Angels, the way All In was shot and produced reminds me of that crappy style done with Charlies Angels
Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 PM

I truly thought it was awful. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I was waiting to hear the big secret of how her dad never loses at cards. The thing is, its not just a bad poker movie, its a bad movie. The relationships were never developed, you don't connect with any of the characters, there is no humor or real drama. Just sucked.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Sorry to bump this two weeks later, but hopefully I can keep some of you from wasting 100 minutes of your life on this movie like I did last night.

This was, hands down, one of the worst movies I've seen in the last 5 years. Everything down to the acting, the script, the character development, etc. was on par with something you'd see out of a high school film class. The actual poker scenes were the worst ever recorded and unwatchable as you couldn't tell what the players were holding or what the board was most of the time.

Each character in the movie completely overacted each line. Dominique Swain was the most awkward lead actress in a movie I've ever seen.

For those that hated Tilt (ESPN), if you ever watch this you will soon realize that Tilt was absolutely awesome compared to this piece of [censored] movie.

Normally movies this bad get the "so bad it's good" type of following but this one is nowhere close to that level. It's just a big pile of [censored].
Old 07-24-2007, 02:43 PM

There's no way it can be worse than Shade though.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:48 PM

This movie made Shade look like Citizen Kane.

When Louis Gossett Jr. is the best thing in a movie...you know it's bad. They couldn't even come up with realistic poker play...

One guy actually dresses up like a Sheik to intimidate the table...turns out he's jewish. Then there is a crazy subplot about the hospital charging poor people bribes or kicking them out to die...

The movie is total crap.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM

come on guys, it was so bad that it made it good. I couldn't contain myself. Every time Michael Madsen was on screen i couldn't help but chuckle
Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 PM

no, it was so bad that i would have rather have stuck a knife in my eye than watch it
Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 AM

Gossett and Madsen are both SAG afik so I would imagine it had a theatrical release somewhere, although probably only 1 theater for a week. I believe it's a contractual requirement under the low budget film waiver, and usually met as cheaply as possible.