Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 07:37 PM

Default charity tourney in 1 hour

not sure if its okay to post this here but figured the more people the better...

2nd Annual GB2005 St. Jopsephs AAU Basketball Chatiry Tournament 7/30 830 est.
by GB2005 on 7/25/2007 14:26

I have decided to run another charity poker tounament to help raise money for the AAU and childrens recreational league. I did this last year, and this community help raised over $5000 for this very good cause.

Details :

Cause: St Josephs and Michaels AAU and childrens basketball league/program
Price - $100.
When- Monday, July 30th, 830 eastern.
Where- Pokerstars, under the private tourney tab. Tourney #56453964. Password GB2005

I ask that 50% of the amount people cash for is donated back to the charity. I will be playing for 100% for the basketball program. Many other players did this last year and I encourage as many people as possible to do the same.

A little bit about the program: Its an inner city program with kids ranging from 7-14 years old, both boys and girls. I use to be a coach on different levels. Unfortunately, with my job I dont really have time to coach there anymore on a consistant basis, but I still help the program out whenever I have time. Most of the time, these kids come from unfortunate/poor situations where money is a major issue for every child/family. The money helps covers referees, uniforms, food, any travel, league fees, etc.

Last year, many people donated items such as subscriptions to magazines, schools, etc. I encourage people to do the same. This is for a great cause and last year ended up being alot of fun. I encourage people to sign up as early as possible, especially the more well known/ranked players in order to encourage many other players to play.

Once again, thanks to the p5s staff for allowing this to happen and help make it be a success. Please let me know if you have any comments/questions/concerns. Theres no reason we cant make this a huge success and get 500+ players.

Thanks,

Gary "GB2005" Bogdanski.

FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DONATE AND CANNOT PLAY, THEY CAN EITHER MAIL A CHECK OR MAKE A TRANSFER TO ME, GB2005(LYNDHURST) ON POKERSTARS. ANYONE WHO NEEDS A TAX ID #, A LETTER COULD BE MAILED TO YOU OR A TAX ID NUMBER CAN BE PROVIDED. IF YOU WANT TO MAIL A CHECK, PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS

DONATIONS PLEDGED AND PAID OUTSIDE TOURNEY:

BATERA-$400
DINHJO-$50
FIFESGOTNUTZ-$20
NEWFOUNDLOVE-$20
Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: charity tourney in 1 hour

bump, 15 minutes til start time, money goes to a real good cause. gl