Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 question how did this thread get almost 500 replies??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It's the guys personal decision, and FWIW with all the money that Harrahs jacks from the prize pool, I don't know if I would tip either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering the same thing. Is this friggin' thread ever gonna die?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do understand that even if this thread starts to die, we're just going to resurrect it and have the same thread again next year, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

But we get a different 'story' each year.
Hachem was Aussie, and they don't tip down under.
Gold was, well, Gold.
Yang was lured to the Dark Side by Jesus.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:55 PM

he tiped 122$..lol what a nit
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he tipped nothing, what a stiff.

Harrah's, on the other hand, tipped the dealers $743,886. Boy, that there Harr-ass is generous.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's, on the other hand, tipped the dealers $743,886. Boy, that there Harr-ass is generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's didn't tip the dealers anything. They just took money from the player's pool to pay the dealers.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Ever use room service in a hotel? Tip is included in the aount charged to your room, but most people tip the employee again. Why?

Same intimidation/pressure applied to get dealer tips.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good. Dealers who think they should be wealthy are idiots. Try going to college and getting a real job. You shouldnt be making $50/hour dealing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why shouldn't I? I may not be the best dealer out there but I have a kick ass job that i love and why shouldn't i get paid well for a job that takes alot of skill and knowledge to be done right? Hell just having to put up with players with piss poor attitudes that blame their crappy play or poor luck on me and the cards i deal.....i should make alot more

[/ QUOTE ]

Should you make more than nurses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on David, I thought that sort of emotional arguement was beneath you. Should Phil Hellmuth make more than nurses? Who, where I live, make between 55 and 70k per anum in the median of their field. WSOP dealers are at the leading edge of their profession. The comparison is loaded and unworthy.

Though, as an aside, I can infer from the species of table talk that abounds when I stack up chips and 'fail' to tip at that precise moment that those that play poker as recreation and those that play as source of income, have two very different views on tipping, and justifiably so.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's didn't tip the dealers anything. They just took money from the player's pool to pay the dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I don't see how you can dispute that Harrah's then tipped the dealers. I haven't heard any dealers saying Harrah's stiffed them. Oh, and this $743,886 is actually on top of the the $6.41 per hour that Harrah's was "paying" the dealers.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:43 PM

I can't believe I read the whole thread.

Ok. Some of my thoughts.

Tippers and People who receive tips will never agree on what the optimal or acceptable tip is. Especially when there are many different ways for the player to tip.

Some will try to figure out what a dealer is making if they tip nothing. Oh, you only make 3.61/hour? I'll tip enough to make it 10/hr. Or 20/hr. Whatever.

Some will base it off prize pool. I made $8M, 1% doesn't hurt me....bam 80k!

If 65% of 1.8% of my buyin goes to a dealer pool, have I already tipped $177? Or has the winner gained that money as his tip?

I really don't know. I haven't won big in a tourney, so I haven't faced this situation yet. I just know there will never be an answer.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 PM

My advise to most of you people on here is that you wont have to worry about tipping because most of you are deadmoney anyway! Won't have to worry about tipping!!! As for remarks about computers being better than dealers id hope so but if you want to play slot machines like a computer keep playing them because real poker dealers truely bring random flops and computers are programed to create action,if thats what you want play online!!!! As for Chris saying to stiff the dealers was appropriate, thats his decision and whatever every year its the same dealers are paid decently and usually dnt complain except when a pro such as jesus comes in and says they made enough!, maybe he should know his facts first and it would be ok but he dont. I dealt the WSOP several times and have been quite satisfied with my pay but stupid comments towards dealers is uncalled. The dealers that deal the Wsop work hard and take alot of crap and should be paid for the hard work they do!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I believe that harrahs with the huge vig every event should be the ones responsible for giving us a bigger chunk

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and /thread or any new threads on this topic.
Closed Thread