Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 01:07 AM

Default an interesting T,T hand WITH A READ!

A real hand for the day (and it's not a bad beat =-O ). Before reading the hand, know that I have already noted the villian as an idiot caller. he has doubled through twice. Once he limped, called an 8x raise from the co pf, and then caught 2 pair with K,To to beat the aces. On the other hand he min raised and then called a push from a medium stack with 8,8. He has also given away much of what he had already won. This was a way looose table. I took stock just prior to the hand and decided this was not a table to bully though I had a stack. Still, I am not sure about how I played the hand. what are your thoughts.

Ryan

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t60 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1393)
UTG+1 (t1710)
MP1 (t2419)
MP2 (t1448)
CO (t4441)
Button (t2325)
SB (t2505)
Hero (t3759)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t120, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t60

<font color="green"> Should I have raised PF? If so, why? If not, why not? </font>

Flop: (t390) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t355</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t4321 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">

<font color="green">What should the hero do and why? </font>
Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Re: an interesting T,T hand WITH A READ!

[ QUOTE ]
A real hand for the day (and it's not a bad beat =-O ). Before reading the hand, know that I have already noted the villian as an idiot caller. he has doubled through twice. Once he limped, called an 8x raise from the co pf, and then caught 2 pair with K,To to beat the aces. On the other hand he min raised and then called a push from a medium stack with 8,8. He has also given away much of what he had already won. This was a way looose table. I took stock just prior to the hand and decided this was not a table to bully though I had a stack. Still, I am not sure about how I played the hand. what are your thoughts.

Ryan

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t60 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1393)
UTG+1 (t1710)
MP1 (t2419)
MP2 (t1448)
CO (t4441)
Button (t2325)
SB (t2505)
Hero (t3759)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t120, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t60

<font color="green"> Should I have raised PF? If so, why? If not, why not? </font>

Flop: (t390) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t355</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t4321 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">

<font color="green">What should the hero do and why? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Callcallcallcallcall.

Btw, what buyin?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 AM

No to Reraise, u are out of position. I dont think anyone would suggest an all in RR?

The villan CC the PFR, so I am thinking high cards or a smaller pair than TT, as in my experince most of these types of players reraise with JJ-AA (only noting hands that beat you). I really dont think he has A9, but you never know, so tough luck if he does.

So I call.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 AM

As if someone plays 9s like that...He has 33-88, easy call, the fact that he pushes shows he doesnt have you beat...unless he is not reraising JJ pf, but thats like 25% chance at best, you beat everything else that makes that play.