Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: black chicks?
YES 18 35.29%
NO 11 21.57%
BASTARD! 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: \"Come One Come All!!\" It\'s time for King Of The Kiddie Pool!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
And of course there is the matter of unfinished business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anybody end up with new titles after the weekend?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And of course there is the matter of unfinished business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anybody end up with new titles after the weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did

Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Oink (Ozi Horse event luckbox champ) is playing thinking music in his head and kerowo (Ozi ME luckboxing champ) probably is quite statisfied with lolcat and doesnt want to downgrade to 'Ozi KOTKP'
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guyyyyss!!

My hands have finally stopped shaking after last night's festivities. I think we were chatting about my Halloween costume as Beaker (my Stars av) at some point last night and I promised pictures.

How'd I do? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question here is who (or what lol) is being blocked out of the left side of the picture...

[/ QUOTE ]

Brain didn't want to show his Siamese Twin brother, here's the original...

Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 PM

Gib-
Awesome.

Buzz-
Just one of my friends who I'm nice enough not to subject to your torture. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Hi all,

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about this iteration of the King of the Kiddie Pool and have had a couple requests that we do it (or maybe something like it) more frequently.

Since we play HORSEaments on a relatively regular basis I considered the possibility of setting up a regular time to play HORSEaments, LHEaments, and PLOaments, etc. Perhaps a league format of some type could be used. I don't know if we would want to do one a week or one every other week and which games we'd like to play but I wanted to gauge general interest and Mod feedback. What do we think? Wookie? Ozi?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:20 AM

I'm not opposed, but for anything that goes one for longer than 2 months, interest always tanks. The 6-7 weeks for HULA is about as long as the average internet poster attention span can be held, in my experience. I think part of the beauty of KOTKP is that it's infrequent enough that people will adjust their schedules and make time for it. A regular thing will be cool for a bit, but then people find other things to do. I don't know if you were around for Pax's HU league, but, like it was red hot for the first couple weeks, but by weeks 4 and 5, almost no one was doing it.

Instead, if you just do a spontaneous thing, you'll get turn out from people who didn't feel like signing up for a league, but who feel like doing something different one night. Start a 2+2 cash game or do one of the spontaneous donkaments every couple weeks or so, and you'll probably have better luck filling them.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Wook has a point. A "league" requires a commitment by all the players. The zoo has a regular weekly trout nite that doesn't get a whole lot of players. It would be fun to try a regular horseament or rotating thing to keep interest up.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 AM

yeah, I think a once a fortnight/month micros donkament would work better than a league that requires you to be an ironman would work better. then just rotate games of choice each time you play ... and be prepared to obviously adjust things (game type, time, regularity) on an as needed basis.

honestly, I think that if these are 'marketed' as a fun event, that we try and play reasonably well for, for the micros with no strings attached (apart from berations LDO) to play each and every time then that will foster a more social and enjoyable game
Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I think a once a fortnight/month micros donkament would work better than a league that requires you to be an ironman would work better. then just rotate games of choice each time you play ... and be prepared to obviously adjust things (game type, time, regularity) on an as needed basis.

honestly, I think that if these are 'marketed' as a fun event, that we try and play reasonably well for, for the micros with no strings attached (apart from berations LDO) to play each and every time then that will foster a more social and enjoyable game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best of the ideas and marketing is a must for max participation. I would vote for U.S. Friday's as the recurring day. If I was home, I would certainly be thinking that this might be a fun option.