Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Stop looking at your cards

"I don't care what you have; I care what he has." The man on my shoulder tilts his head in the direction of my lone opponent. "It doesn't matter what you have. That is, it doesn't matter until you know what he has."

Why are you spouting this Sklansky-esque FTOP bs when I'm in the middle of a hand?

"The point is, my friend, that you're losing money. Why does it matter what you have when you can't even scrape the surface of how to play? Think about it."

Will you shut up already? My time bank is running down. I need to make a decision ASAP.

"I'm not going away. In fact, I just purchased a condo on this here real estate. And considering the empty space surrounding it, I'd say I got a pretty ugly deal on it too. No, I'm not going away. That means we're going to have to live together. And that means you're going to have to start listening to me."

I sit silently and give him the opportunity to explain himself, Just do it quickly.

"Of course. Please, thank you, and you're welcome. It's really not complicated. In fact, if you just paused momentarily to take it all in, a real work of art would be painted right before your very eyes. Like I was saying: it doesn't matter what you have until you know what he has. There's only so much pot to go around, and if you don't know the value of your share, you're gonna get ripped off. The point is that the strength of your hand is relative - relative to your opponents' hands. If he has only the nuts, then all of your hands are worth the same. When you know what he has and what he'll do with it, well, it really doesn't matter what you have now, does it?"

It seems so straightforward that I wonder if I might be going crazy, but if this barrel is rolling over the cliffs of insanity, I might just buy up some real estate.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Stop looking at your cards

There's always enough pot for everyone.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:45 AM

whaaat the hell are you talking about

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 04:49 AM

cliff notes: put villain on a range and act accordingly
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 AM

stop smoking crack
Old 07-30-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems so straightforward that I wonder if I might be going crazy, but if this barrel is rolling over the cliffs of insanity, I might just buy up some real estate.

[/ QUOTE ]this tilts me so [censored] bad