Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Interesting response on U Tube debate

I dont follow politics much and was just flipping through the stations and saw this on the utube debate.

Question- Are democrats going to raise taxes.

Partial answer- We plan on getting rid of NAFTA and the WTO.

This was quite suprising to me to say the least. Bill Clinton was big supportor of NAFTA and it would really suprise me if Hillary would kill it. I am not going to say anything more cause I dont follow politics, but thought it was worth a post here. Im not sure of the name of the person who answered the question (ya I am that dumb when it comes to politics, I planned on voting for whoever the engineer endorses).
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Interesting response on U Tube debate

Answer one democrats like to raise taxes at some point im sure they will.

But really i have no idea wtf your talking about

LINK or explain what your asking pls
Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 AM

Democrats will raise taxes on the rich, Republicans cut taxes for the rich and raise them for the poor. Republicans were/are behind the push to outlaw all online poker. Democrats are the ones (with a few Republicans) who are fighting for freedom and trying to let adults do what they want to with their own money. Republicans say you can only spend your money on things they morally aprove of.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Answer one democrats like to raise taxes at some point im sure they will.

But really i have no idea wtf your talking about

LINK or explain what your asking pls

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try and make this more clear. I saw 1 minute of the utube presidential debate tonight. A question was asked about democrats raising taxes. The democrat candidate answered by saying they will get rid of NAFTA and the WTO.

I am not a political genius but my take is that they are doing this as a way to ease taxes they want to get rid of these organizations so they can tax imports/exports at will. I am not sure how many of the candidates support this but the one that answered the question def does. He also answered like he was defending the democratic position not just answering for himeself. Part of this may have been the way the question was asked.

I am not asking any question just putting this out there and maybe someone with political knowledge will comment on it, as I dont have a lot of knowledge on the subject.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 AM

Many Democrats blame free trade on job losses here in America. Many would like the U.S. to adopt protectionist trade practices.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Are you talking about YouTube, or is there something else out there called Utube?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...Democrats are the ones (with a few Republicans) who are fighting for freedom and trying to let adults do what they want to with their own money....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ludicrous in reference to anything other than online poker. DUCY?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats will raise taxes on the rich, Republicans cut taxes for the rich and raise them for the poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show laws passed in the last 8 years that increase taxes on the poor. I dont know of any but who knows Im only a tax accountant. Good thing the republicans cut taxes so much, and the funny thing is when they do cut taxes they wind up increaseing the revenue for the govt. Hmmm wonder how that happens? Oh well maybe I can just be the mind tool of the democratic biased media that everyone else is.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM

"The United States federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a refundable tax credit that reduces or eliminates the taxes that low-income working people pay (such as payroll taxes) and also frequently operates as a wage subsidy for low-income workers. Enacted in 1975, the then very small EITC was expanded in 1986, 1990, 1993, and 2001 with each major tax bill, regardless of whether the tax bill in general raised taxes (1990), lowered taxes (2001) or eliminated other deductions and credits (1986). Today, the EITC is one of the largest anti-poverty tools in the United States (despite the fact that income measures, including the poverty rate, generally do not account for the credit), and enjoys broad bipartisan support."

Good thing the EITC has nothing to do with the poor. Because as you said republicans only give tax breaks to the rich and make the poor pay more taxes.

Oh one more question how do you give a tax break to someone who doesnt pay taxes?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM

guess I'm just ignorant but the last tax breaks where a standardized amount for everyone??