Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Beat: [censored] downstairs buys drum kit for kids

[ QUOTE ]

Rent a practice space like all the other real musicians / wedding trumpeters.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my wife also finds my gigantic #2's and me scratching my balls and sniffing them annoying.

Also, musicians I know that rent rehearsal space rarely get work. It sure is fun to get together on Wed. nights, though - for them.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, I really dont get the people ripping on theglid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guids,

Most of the hating of him is his horrible attitude surrounding it. "I am within my rights to bother other people but if they bother me I'm calling the cops" is completely selfish.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such crap. If you played a trumpet for two hours straight in an APARTMENT COMPLEX on any day or any time, it doesn't really matter. You are decreasing everyone's quality of life around you. It's self-righteous jerks like you that make unselfish yet hot-tempered jerks like me want to rip that thing out of your pursed, wet lips and bend it over my knee.

You said yourself that your wife, god bless her surely tortured heart, gets annoyed by your repetitive 'warm up arrangements' or whateverthehell you said. Well what do you think people living in their homes think when they have to listen to you without having a choice? If your [censored] wife finds it annoying, don't you think there's a good chance at least 1 of your 6 neighbors finds it annoying, if not all 6?

Rest assured, you are irritating to others around you. The fact you defend it, but call the cops on Kelly Clarkson at 3am is just icing on your big, fat douchecake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably right, but there is no reason to ever "get-it" then, because you can basically do whatever you want and never catch any flack for it, so I dont see the downside.

Im also assuming you mean a physical confrontation as "knocking on someones door and asking them to stop/do it later."

[/ QUOTE ]
I get what you're saying, but to me the downside is being a huge [censored] and a dick in general. Please, nobody take this as a slippery slope, but that's just about the definition of a recalcitrant neighbor, or a warlord, or a dictator, right? Nobody is going to say, "Hey, cut it out." When you do something that everyone hates, there's a few barriers, including means and conscience. If you've got enough of the former and none of the latter, nothing stops you except the force of others. And if being restrained is the only thing in your way, then you're just an [censored].

Also, I don't think its true that you won't experience any negative consequences of being a hated neighbor. guids, if you had a neighbor you really, really hated, and an opportunity to [censored] with him came up, would you pass on it? Or would you [censored] with him as much as you could?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, musicians I know that rent rehearsal space rarely get work. It sure is fun to get together on Wed. nights, though - for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what? Jesus Christ, was this supposed to be as douchey as it sounded?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but that's just about the definition of a recalcitrant neighbor, or a warlord, or a dictator, right? Nobody is going to say, "Hey, cut it out." When you do something that everyone hates, there's a few barriers, including means and conscience. If you've got enough of the former and none of the latter, nothing stops you except the force of others. And if being restrained is the only thing in your way, then you're just an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

That paragraph is pretty awesome and something I've never really thought of in quite that way. My compliments to the chef.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 PM

rdh,

Just to be clear, in what you quoted from my other post I in no way was saying that it's the "right" thing to do, and I would never make such noise even if neighbors hadn't complained.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my wife also finds my gigantic #2's and me scratching my balls and sniffing them annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you acting this dense on purpose? If you came to my apartment and stunk up my bathroom, I would be pissed. How can you say that makes trumpet playing ok?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but that's just about the definition of a recalcitrant neighbor, or a warlord, or a dictator, right? Nobody is going to say, "Hey, cut it out." When you do something that everyone hates, there's a few barriers, including means and conscience. If you've got enough of the former and none of the latter, nothing stops you except the force of others. And if being restrained is the only thing in your way, then you're just an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

That paragraph is pretty awesome and something I've never really thought of in quite that way. My compliments to the chef.

[/ QUOTE ]

warlord, dictator, president, or ceo, its all abotu the same, and yes I agree with him.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I've been a member of groups/ bands that rehearse and those that don't. Almost without exception, groups that rehearse are worse. With non-rehearsing groups, if you're playing a gig, you're meant to know what's going on before you arrive - or just read the music down on the spot. If there's a new tune you're meant to know, take care of it during the week.....

In your apartment....

So the whole neighborhood can hear.