Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Live 5/10 w/full kill bluff, several questionable streets

For those of you who don't know, a "kill" occurs when a player wins two consecutive hands. The next hand is played at double stakes, with the blinds posting their normal blinds and the "killer" posting double the big blind. E.g., in the hand I'm about to post, at 5/10 with UTG+1 as the killer, SB posts 2, BB posts 5, and UTG+1 posts 10, with same rules as a straddle. Bets are in $10 increments PF/Flop and $20 Turn/River

Game is super-soft. Killer plays super loose preflop and poorly postflop; SB plays extra-aggressive in kill pots and has shown down 2 bluffs in kill pots in the last 10 hands. Most players ignore kill adjustments PF but tighten up considerably on turn and river in kill pots, not wanting to call scary $20 bets in a 5/10 game with marginal holdings. 4-bet cap. I have a very tight image, having waited for the blinds rather than posting (highly irregular in this game), getting a seat change that made me wait even more hands (also irregular), and having not played a hand in 2 orbits yet. Folks have been making jokes on me not wanting to play hands, and made some facetious laughs when I raised this hand.

Hero is MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, killer checks, folded to hero who raises. Blinds and first limper call, killer 3-bets (?), I call, SB caps (??), everyone calls.

Killer is a gamboolish fool and I am definitely not thinking he has a premium hands simply b/c he check/3 popped. SB is a decent, but probably not winning, player who is capable of trickery.

Flop: 772 rainbow, 1 club (5 players, 20 sb)

Checked to hero, who bets (?), everyone calls. Bet is to free up some of my weak outs.

Turn: 7722, 2 clubs (5 players, 12.5 bb)

Sb donks, BB and limper fold, killer calls, I call (?)

Turn is the worst card for a FD I could've picked up, but I make a debatable call for what little flush and pair outs i have/odds/SBs propensity for trickery/position and closing the action.

River: red 3 (3 players, 15.5 BB)

Two checks, I bet...

River bet is because, in approximate order: 1) Big odds on a bluff 2) Board unlikely to have hit anyone 3) Players tighten up considerably in kill pots and are generally insensitive to pot odds 4) Action has been irregular, and both players' actions are suggestive that they have nothing 5) I have a very tight image

Basically, I'm betting that those combined factors outweigh the behemoth of "you're only folding out what you beat/they'll never fold!" Or, I'm betting that I'll fold A high out often enough to make this profitable.

Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 w/full kill bluff, several questionable streets

I would have capped pf.

I dont think your flop bet is going to "free up" outs. Which outs? AK or AQ is not folding. i honestly doubt any one with an A is folding. as you can see for yourself, everyone called your flop bet. so much for freeing outs.

River bet is foolish imo. An ace isnt folding here, the pot is way too big. And anyone with a pair certainly is going nowhere.

i think the lesson here is dont bet with nothing in huge pots assuming that no one is going to call. EVERYONE is going to call. (now RAISING with nothing, that can a different story, done right)
Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM

i dont know this is a really strange hand. i think i would have folded to the turn bet even with the flush draw. u say SB plays wild in kill pots he could have n e 2 cards. including a 7 or deuce and most likely a 3. i dont think a bluff is in order here on the river i might just chk down.

my biggest problem however is on the turn because i cant call a river unless i see a KQ or Club and we dont even know if we are good with that being the case. i would fold this turn and wait for another spot
Old 07-29-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped pf.

I dont think your flop bet is going to "free up" outs. Which outs? AK or AQ is not folding. i honestly doubt any one with an A is folding. as you can see for yourself, everyone called your flop bet. so much for freeing outs.

River bet is foolish imo. An ace isnt folding here, the pot is way too big. And anyone with a pair certainly is going nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

I usually don't draw to a flush with a double paired board but the pot is big and the villians play has been erratic (plus this board isn't nearly as scary as something like QQTT).