Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: $3.40 10 man STT\'s hand advice + unsure about appropriate ranges e

1. Standard fold

2. Standard shove

3. Standard shove

I don't think any of these decisions are close.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Standard fold

2. Standard shove

3. Standard shove

I don't think any of these decisions are close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The K10s hand seems very marginal to me and the 1010 hand is a call against someone who knows he its +ev to be pushing.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. I insta shove this, you are the big stack on the bubble and it is time to pwn hard, though your stack is bigger than 10bb's no one else's is. I pushing alot less than this and in fact im shoving atc here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing ATC is really bad in this situation at these limits. You need their calling ranges to be tighter than 10% for it to be profitable, and they are going to be more like 20% in all honesty.

Players at these limits dont tighten up on the bubble. They are calling with any ace, any pair, KQ. And after the first time you push, they are calling even wider.

I play 22s on party, which is a lot higher than these limits, and even there "owning the bubble" is impossible. After you push twice, the next time you push you are getting called period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are a little off here. I do play these stakes as my main games and the bubble is very exploitable. Granted some players will spite call, but you can push a very wide range, and do it over and over. In almost every set i play there is a bubble where i push almost every hand, and they will fold all day long.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:54 PM

1. An unknown at this level is pushing 10% at the most and I'd say a lot tighter.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. I insta shove this, you are the big stack on the bubble and it is time to pwn hard, though your stack is bigger than 10bb's no one else's is. I pushing alot less than this and in fact im shoving atc here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing ATC is really bad in this situation at these limits. You need their calling ranges to be tighter than 10% for it to be profitable, and they are going to be more like 20% in all honesty.

Players at these limits dont tighten up on the bubble. They are calling with any ace, any pair, KQ. And after the first time you push, they are calling even wider.

I play 22s on party, which is a lot higher than these limits, and even there "owning the bubble" is impossible. After you push twice, the next time you push you are getting called period.

[/ QUOTE ]

People call very tight in the stars $3.40's at present. I'd put an unknown on less than 10%
Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 PM

Wow, I've recently played this level a lot. I recently have got SnGwiz and I have no idea how to use hand ranges, or how to put my opponents on hand ranges.

My EXP though is to defiently fold hands one and three, and sometimes would push hand two, if i'm feeling it.

Does anyone else have any tips for this level? I'm sure we could form a little 3.40 thread or something where we could discuss strategy for people who use it as their main game, which I think would help us a lot. Does anyone else want to get this started?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM

wow i missed that 3 was on the bubble and we had the chip lead... definite shove, my b, i'm not completely retarded i swear.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I've recently played this level a lot. I recently have got SnGwiz and I have no idea how to use hand ranges, or how to put my opponents on hand ranges.

My EXP though is to defiently fold hands one and three, and sometimes would push hand two, if i'm feeling it.

Does anyone else have any tips for this level? I'm sure we could form a little 3.40 thread or something where we could discuss strategy for people who use it as their main game, which I think would help us a lot. Does anyone else want to get this started?

[/ QUOTE ]

I;d like to think theres only 2 or 3 2+2'ers who play them.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i missed that 3 was on the bubble and we had the chip lead... definite shove, my b, i'm not completely retarded i swear.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. that kinda suggests im a retard.