Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 AM

Default NL10 : TPTK OOP on DryFlop. Help !

The Villain in this hand after 103 hands is:

V$IP = 14.6
PFR = 3.9

I'm questionning myself on my play on the flop and I want to know a couple things. Both of us is playing "Deep Stack" here with 386 Big Blinds against my 148 Big Blinds.
This is the hand:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.10
Hero (BB): $14.80
UTG: $7.75
UTG+1: $12.55
MP1: $10.00
MP2: $9.05
CO: $38.60
BTN: $4.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt A J (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.40</font>, BTN calls $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>

I think I'm doing the right move here by re-raising because I can save near a buy-in if by laying down TPTK if the villain re-raise me all-in. If he fold then I win a pretty nice pot without a showdown. The call unfortunately with that dry of a flop can annonced a monster like a set or maybe an overpair (very unlikely because the villain will probably go all-in on an overpair).

This is my requests:

1) I want to know in this situation, if I'm re-raising hit bet to 7$, do I shoot myself in the foot or it is the right thing to do? Calling and reconsidering on turn is a better idea? Will it be more EV+ that way? What is the best play?

2) Will my play be different if we both had only 100BB each? With normal stack, pushing on flop would the best play?

3) If the Villan calls on flop, do I go all-in on the turn and praying for KQ, KJ or should I c/c, c/r of even c/f?

I'm really confused right now because I can play very good for thousands hands and lose couple buy-ins in big pots like this. Help me guys.

Thanks a lot !
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: NL10 : TPTK OOP on DryFlop. Help !

Hey,
there are some full ring forums but I hear they suck.

Anyhoo,
PF- you can consider folding, calling is also fine. Villan seems pretty nitty with 14/6 though and folding is definitely an option.

given that you called, i like c/c-ing the flop. bet/3-betting vs. a player with such a tight range is suicide IMO. you guys are a bit deep as well. i really don't like a bet-3bet though vs. this guy. against other opponents, b/3b is a fine strategy (as is reraising PF) but against a nit, dont like it.

i would c/c with the intention of checking the turn again if he bets.

as for your Qs,
1)once you 3-bet to $7, you have to call a shove. b/3-bing alot of your stack as a pure bluff (and TPTK) is horrible.

(as stated, i like c/c-ing flop)

2)with 100bbs, it makes b/3b easier but still I think flop should be a c/c.

3)if villan calls, i guess just shove turn and pray. i guess you could check and see what he does.

so, in summarization:

pf is a fold or call.

flop is a c/c with the intention of checking and maybe folding (or calling) the turn, depending on card/bet size.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 AM

The conclusion of my hand was...he folded to my 3bet. Knowing right now that he had stats for a nit/rock, I guess he folded QQ or maybe KJs+ because of his CO position.

To be honest, I didn't know that a V$IP of 14.6 + PFR of 3.6 was statistics of a nit/rock or whatever the name you give 'em. For 7000 hands, my stats are :

V$IP = 16
PFR = 7.8

Those stats makes me a nit/rock or more of a agressive player because of my PFR of 7.8%?

Anyhow, thanks a lot of your answers. You gave me good and serious advise.

P.S. I hate posting in the FullRing forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 PM

You are playing TAG(tight aggressive). You should be raising instead of limping a few more hands. VPIP and PFR should be closer together. I.E. 22/19 or 16/12 or so. Cold call less, and never open limp in 6 max. You should only be cold calling w/22-99 in any position. Some players fold 22 and 33 in the BB??? Cold call SC and 1 gappers on the button and maybe defend in the BB. You can raise SC's UTG if you would like to play those hands(but fold to reraises). Hope this helps.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

I realise that I have a lot more to learn in the game. I'll continue posting my "confused" situation. It's the best way to improve your game !

BTW, is there a ressource that I can use from this forum or any other articles that tells the type of players (villains) by their V$IP/PFR? I'm getting few hundreds hands on a lot of players now and I might be able to play the player.30/4 means what. How I should attack this player?

I hope I've been clear enough because my English is often sketcky.

Thanks !