Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: A Surprisingly Hard Decision

Go to the best college you can. These things matter in life. It's good you know about yourself that you have some kind of addiction and a lot of us on this forum have the same problem. Know that life isn't all about money, and college isn't all about getting a job. If you develop as a great player you can always choose to do so after college.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:53 PM

If you were an Alcoholic, would you go to the drunks down the street for advice on quitting?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

go all in
Old 07-29-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were an Alcoholic, would you go to the drunks down the street for advice on quitting?

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 12:17 AM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

my real answer is don't quit school. i'm going to college (19 now, will be a freshman) and i made more this week than your br. just go and do the best you can while still playing poker and having fun. graduate, and then decide what you want poker to be in your life. school is cool!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:45 AM

grunch...

play less. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 02:20 AM

You should quit not only to aid your school work, but to aid your out of school enjoyment.

Travel. Get outdoors. Have a lot of sex. See live music. Go camping deep in the wilderness. Read for fun. Make a lot of friends.

When you ultimately return to poker, your education and life experience will make you a far better player, not to mention a better person overall.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm are you questioning quitting poker for the sake of school or quitting school for poker? I'll assume the latter. This is so stupid man you don't even know. I'm not trying to be insulting, but you made $1650 in one month, big deal. I don't know where you live, but unless it's BFE you will live like a poor person in most parts of this country. Go out and find out how much health insurance, car insurance, rent, and utilities cost and see how far $1650 gets you.

Plus, college is fun as hell, especially your freshman year. Live in a dorm, meet people, drink beer/experiment, meet girls, profit. It's that simple. Poker isn't going away man. Also, college is the perfect time to really get good at poker. Sure you have classes and homework and stuff, but you will have plenty of down time to get better at this game. I wish that I could of known about this website when I was in college. Instead of wasting time on Halo, Madden and NCAA FB, I couldve been grinding. I couldn't even imagine being a pro at less than 400nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume wrong - Im not an idiot who thinks he is a pro because he has a $1650 month!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well try it out and see if it affects your schoolwork. If it does then quit, if not just grind 100nl for like $1500/mo and live better than most college kids. If you run @ 5ptbb/100 @ 100nl, it only take 15000 hands/mo to reach $1500. That is nothing IMO.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:07 AM

Mike Kelley got it all.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 AM

You can play 20 hours a week while study. Its enough not to get rusty and keep growing. Maybe not as fast as those who play 6 every day, but enough to put you into 2/4 in a year or year an a half.