Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: 3 barrels

Good enough.I like your play.And river was ok,pot is big,and u can`t survive showdown,so bet ok here
Old 07-28-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But playing it aggressive has the downside that we put more money in when behind and we will get looked up frequently by weak ends especially if youre known for playing draws agressive. Of course win more when hitting our draw is the positive side of this. Does WTDS% matter weather to play it passive or aggressive? Board texture? Say the board is JQK?Iam curious since i never feel comfortable when playing draws

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the flop is a must check/raise here. Our equity is pretty good, our pair outs are often good. This also means we shouldn't get reraised too much. On KQJ we have less folding equity, you're looking to fold A9- and pocket pairs if you play agressive, but he might not always bet these 3 way on this board, we'll also get reraised more often. I would probably call on KQJ.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But playing it aggressive has the downside that we put more money in when behind and we will get looked up frequently by weak ends especially if youre known for playing draws agressive. Of course win more when hitting our draw is the positive side of this. Does WTDS% matter weather to play it passive or aggressive? Board texture? Say the board is JQK?Iam curious since i never feel comfortable when playing draws

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, I'm glad he will start looking us up lighter if we start playing draws like this in steal spots. I am balancing this with the fact that I will often play a J,6 or other medium pp the same way. IF he wan't to always call me down with A and K high, then I will value bet him to death in those spots. If you always play your flush draws passively in these spots, it will be easy for a villain to fold the turn when he doesn't improve.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:13 AM

At first in this limit,u won`t make any pair or A high to fold,idea her 9 high can`t win showdown,and if she won`t bet on river,oponent will bet anything
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first in this limit,u won`t make any pair or A high to fold,idea her 9 high can`t win showdown,and if she won`t bet on river,oponent will bet anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I understand you correctly. But you are sayingt that in a 2/4 game, Aces are already calling down on this board anyways regardless of if they think you can play a FD flop fast.

Fine, I'll agree, but you will also be amazed at how many other hands will make really bad peels because they see 2 spades at think: "OMG he has a flush draw, my 37 will still improve on the river!". In which case you will still make more from them when you have a pair here.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Yes i know.But it`s the way to win this.Donk every street and hope he will surender
Old 07-28-2007, 12:06 PM

I can't recall the last time I seen a player call the turn in this spot and fold the river.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hand range that calls this flop/ turn and folds the river.

Do we agree that the majority benifit of three-barrels here is not for this hand but for future hands.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we agree that the majority benifit of three-barrels here is not for this hand but for future hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not! There are two flush draws on the turn and KT/K9 are still possible hands for many people. Betting the river is the best play even if we ignore future hands IMO.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:20 PM

Yup.Pot odds it`s just to great to give it up.7BB on the river,u need to win this only once in 7 times to make this bluff profitable.and u not beting u lost it
Old 07-28-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't recall the last time I seen a player call the turn in this spot and fold the river.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hand range that calls this flop/ turn and folds the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT/K9 maybe some Kx or even Ax ss or dd. Medium aces might fold.

unless the guy is always SD bound, nh.