Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Some 10-10-20 Live spots....

First time poster here, but long time reader. I wanted to share some scenarios I encountered in 10-10-20 NL live earlier yesterday and get some thoughts. The bring-in is $40 and average stacks around 6k.

Hand 1: Semi-passive table, not a ton of post flop aggression. 2 EP limpers and I limp CO with QhJx, button and BB call. Flop comes Jh5d2h with $210 in the pot. Check around to me and I bet $160 (I'm about $5.5k deep). Button calls (about 3k deep) and everyone else folds. Turn comes As. I bet $400 and button calls. River brings a 2s. I check and button fires $800. He's only been at the table about 20 minutes or so and hasn't played any big pots yet. Call, fold, or raise?

Hand 2: Get moved to 2nd table, TAGish players, nothing too crazy. UTG (passive) limps for $40 and folded around to me on button. I pick up 9c7c and raise to $120. SB (short stacked around $1200) insta calls, BB folds, UTG limper calls. Flop comes Jc8s2c. UTG checks, I bet $280. SB thinks for a bit and pushed AI for $830 more. UTG insta folds. Call or fold?

Hand 3: Same table as hand #2. I'm about $5.5k deep. 3 people limp EP and MP and I limp 6s5s in CO. Button folds, SB and BB call... $250 in pot preflop. Flop comes 5s5h9h. Checked around to me and I fire $100. SB calls and everyone else folds. Turn brings Jd and SB (about 3k deep) opens for $360. At this point, this looks suspiciously like he's "trying to represent" a 5. My bet on the flop after everyone checked to me could represent almost anything from a bluff, to trips, to 2p, or pp. I don't think he puts me on a five. I call $360. River comes 8c. SB thinks for a bit and fires out $600. Call, raise, or fold?

I'll post the results later but wanted to get some thoughts from you guys on these 3 spots.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Some 10-10-20 Live spots....

Hand 1: call

Hand 2: I didn't pokerstove it but call?

Hand 3: Any read on villain's aggression level? Is he the type that think a pair of jacks is good here? Also, if you think he didn't put you on a five, then you obviously can't fold. Was your image bad enough to get paid off with a raise?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 AM

1. Call

2. I feel like I misread the hand, I don't see how folding is an option.

3. I really don't like the small flop bet. I'm also not a fan of just calling the turn. It's hard to say what to do on the river given how you got there but your hand is way underrepped. I'm really torn here because I feel like your hand is good here a ton, but given the description of the overall semi-passive play I'm not sure he calls your raise with any weaker hands. Your line - under 1/2 pot bet on the flop/smooth call turn/shove river is gonna look like nuts/air type of hand, so it kinda depends on villain and his views of you. If villain is on the nitty side I would just call. Not saying I would push, but if you were to, I would want it to be vs a good/thinking opponent capable of making big calls. I dunno. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 02:41 PM

1 i prob. don't fire on the turn depending on how i'm feeling and probably just give up

2 is super easy. just put it in

3 i call.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM

I call all 3 and I instacall hand 1 FWIW. Hand 3 is definately the closest, but I'd need to have some solid reads on his play to make a fold there.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First time poster here, but long time reader. I wanted to share some scenarios I encountered in 10-10-20 NL live earlier yesterday and get some thoughts. The bring-in is $40 and average stacks around 6k.

Hand 1: Semi-passive table, not a ton of post flop aggression. 2 EP limpers and I limp CO with QhJx, button and BB call. Flop comes Jh5d2h with $210 in the pot. Check around to me and I bet $160 (I'm about $5.5k deep). Button calls (about 3k deep) and everyone else folds. Turn comes As. I bet $400 and button calls. River brings a 2s. I check and button fires $800. He's only been at the table about 20 minutes or so and hasn't played any big pots yet. Call, fold, or raise?

Hand 2: Get moved to 2nd table, TAGish players, nothing too crazy. UTG (passive) limps for $40 and folded around to me on button. I pick up 9c7c and raise to $120. SB (short stacked around $1200) insta calls, BB folds, UTG limper calls. Flop comes Jc8s2c. UTG checks, I bet $280. SB thinks for a bit and pushed AI for $830 more. UTG insta folds. Call or fold?

Hand 3: Same table as hand #2. I'm about $5.5k deep. 3 people limp EP and MP and I limp 6s5s in CO. Button folds, SB and BB call... $250 in pot preflop. Flop comes 5s5h9h. Checked around to me and I fire $100. SB calls and everyone else folds. Turn brings Jd and SB (about 3k deep) opens for $360. At this point, this looks suspiciously like he's "trying to represent" a 5. My bet on the flop after everyone checked to me could represent almost anything from a bluff, to trips, to 2p, or pp. I don't think he puts me on a five. I call $360. River comes 8c. SB thinks for a bit and fires out $600. Call, raise, or fold?

I'll post the results later but wanted to get some thoughts from you guys on these 3 spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

It turns out I called all 3.

1. The villian on the button had Ah8h and value betted his turn Ace on the river. I guess one of his outs got there. I definitely put him on the flush draw after his smooth call on flop/turn, so the Ah wasn't really a surprise. I think it was 60%call/40%fold there.

2. Yes, easy call. Villian had AcJd which is what I expected and was certainly better than seeing him flip over a set. Of course, I missed everything so it's another SS I double up. Sweet.. I hate short stacks.

3. The timing of this hand couldn't have been worse. I was next up on the "must-move" list to the main game and I had told myself prior to this hand that I was going home once my name was called (main game had a lineup like the Yankees). Well, what a surprise, I get called during the flop play. Last hand of the night for me.

Anyways, this hand made me almosy queasy. I really hate trips sometimes because they get you in so much trouble. Similar to TPTK or overpair but more magnified IMO. I read the villian for one of the weaker players at the table and thought he had called the flop with a 9 and then hit his J kicked on the turn. Really thought he would have c/r me on the flop with any 5 since it was a small bet and there was a FD and SD on board. As it turns out, a fold was in order on the river. I had a temporary lapse in thinking since I was preparing myself to go home after being called and just made a crying call on the river. I had it on 40%call/60%call. Villian flips Ad5d for the win. I'm terrible at poker.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:07 PM

If you're thinking youre terrible at poker because you didnt call hand 3 you really are terrible at poker. I mean I'm not gonna go into any depth but if you think you're terrible (ie have leaks) based on this hand the only leak is thinking about folding here.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're thinking youre terrible at poker because you didnt call hand 3 you really are terrible at poker. I mean I'm not gonna go into any depth but if you think you're terrible (ie have leaks) based on this hand the only leak is thinking about folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a joke bud...sarcasm. I did call Hand 3 and lost. It just gave me that not-so-fresh feeling as I was moving my chips to the middle.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 AM

if this is LC...
1. depends who but it's easy to bluff here..
i fold probably..look for a better spot
2. call, lose, reload, stack the fish later.
3. call, ppl at lc are nits