Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Beat: Convicted of Playing Poker

tl;dr. Nice brag tho, teh secks is goot.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I gave mine 10,000 baht (about $300) to try and buy my way out of this

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to get her arrested too? You sound like a hell of a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If you know anything about Thailand you would see this is standard protocol. Its not like USA where you goto jail for trying to bribe someone. In Thailand they either accept the bribe or refuse it, but its very unlikely to get in trouble for offering the bribe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived and worked in Thailand for over 3 years. Standard protocol is to never do something so stupid that it involves you having to offer bribes to anyone.

LOL@ you and your buddies thinking you had "connections" to get you out of trouble. The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years. Thais are such traditionalists in that regard. If you do anything that puts yourself in their hands you're taking huge risks. It doesn't matter if you're a tourist or if you've been living there for 30 years, if someone in power decided that they wanted to ruin your life for some petty misdemeanor, they could do just that. You're a guest in their country, just another "farang" and you will always be "farang", nothing more. Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

Thailand is a 3rd World country that has never really understood the implications of democracy, let alone implemented it into a cogent system of governance.

Also, you may find the helpfulness and supportive nature of your Thai girlfriend is in direct correlation to the amount of money she has/can/will get from you now and in the future. Just wait until her father's buffalo gets sick and she needs money for the vet's bills.

Or maybe she lub you, only one.

Anyways, choke dee na khrap and all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least your not a bitter ex-expat, with 10 posts and with a Thai and westerner hating agenda and a thoroughly racist viewpoint......Oh wait, NVM, you are.

I'm sure you got on brilliantly with your "every Thai woman is a whore." philosphy and your "Every Thai is corrupt" ideaology as well.

Your writing reminds me of the farangs I run into almost every day who do nothing but bitch and moan about Thailand but are still here. It is exactly those who talk like you and them that seem to be the primary reinforcers of the stereotypical personality less douches who can't get a girl anywhere without paying and thus reinforce their own racist viewpoints that all Thai women are whores.

Never been to nana plaza? Yeah, sure, whatever dude. What you say, makes it sound a lot like you lived in nana plaza or patpong or soi cowboy, had a few standard bitter experiences which have now lead you to condemn all Thais as either whores or corrupt. That or you must have been one of the "granola, unshaven, backpacker elitists" who are SOOOOOOO superior because they spent 6 months working on a rice farm in Issan thus ONLY they understand Thailand in any way shape or form and all others are ignorant farangs.

Enjoy your bitter twisted life dude, just do us all a favor and don't return to Thailand. We need less bitter, twisted racist farangs here. Stay in The USA, you'll fit right in so many places.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many incorrect assumptions and assertions that I hardly know where to start. I haven't "bitched" or "moaned" about anything and as for expressing hatred towards Westerners..? Baffling. You're projecting your own emotions onto me, my post was a statement of what I believe to be facts, my own thoughts and emotions about the situation aren't on display here. What difference does it make if I think it's right or wrong? None. It simply is. Any opinions I've given have been based on my own experiences and knowledge of Thailand. Your opinions about who you think I am and what I represent are based on your own experiences of people you think are similar to me. But...I'm not any of those people, obv.

You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said, that would just be ignorant and stupid, which is perhaps why you're the one saying it, not me. I'm happily married to a Thai woman (who has never worked as a prostitute)* and still run a successful business out of Thailand but now live back in the UK. Based on my previous sentence, I hope you'll try and count how many of your assertions now look ridiculous...I got as far as 4 but could easily have missed some.

You seem very defensive but I don't wish to speculate why, after all, making assumptions about who you are and why you say the things you say wouldn't hold any value or interest to me. I do think it's pretty cute tho.

The comment I made about the OP's gf def being a whore...that was a joke, if I'm the only one that found it funny it still served a good purpose. Of course the other purpose of that comment was to encourage somebody to get pissed about it and write a few hundred incoherent words of bitterness and spite, and you almost exceeded my expectations sir, nh ty.

I hope you've found the whole experience to be a cathartic one.

*I'm going to add that to her business cards:

(Her Name)
(Graphic Designer)
(Has never worked as a prostitute)
Old 07-28-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL@ you and your buddies thinking you had "connections" to get you out of trouble. The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years.

[/ QUOTE ]
First, you really seem to be taking this personally, which is really weird. Second, the sentences above are pretty much in direct contradiction.

But I'm sure you'd love to post another couple thousand words about the Thai legal system and its corruption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, you seem to think I'm taking this personally, which is really weird. The LOL was because every farang that lives in Thailand seems to think they have "connections" of some sort, as though flying into Bangkok International suddenly initiates you into the complexities of urban gang culture. It's not the movies, it's just Thailand.

If I gave you the impression that I was able to write several thousand words on the corruption of the Thai legal system, that's down to the subtlety and depth of your reading perception rather than my motivation for writing the brief appraisal I posted earlier.

For you to think I'd "love" to write it...well, it's not an emotional decision, it's just my opinion on how I see things.

It's like I'm UTG and I bring it in for a raise and the BB starts complaining about his blind, I'm not raising his blind, I'm raising the whole table, try not to take it personally.

(i'm not sure about the poker analogy, needs work right?)
Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 AM

Long ass post but worth the read, i'd be pissed as hell at all the time wasted.. Thailand seems very nice but law wise retarded.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:36 AM

Cliff notes:

Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff's Notes:

Dude and 11 others get ratted out while playing a tournament and go through a load of Thai bureaucracy which ends up just amounting to a $25 fine after 19 hours of getting shipped around.

OP limps 56s on the button but does not post HH.

Thai girlfriends are nice.

fin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I quoted myself.

Yes, I think we're still missing a critical piece of information here.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:01 AM

Lets see. You said this stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
your gf used 2b a whore kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you said this stuff..
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said. that would just be ignorant and stupid,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you'll try and count how many of your assertions now look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Quite clearly I was well off the mark with my comments. Someone's made themself look silly here.....I don't think it's me.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cliff's Notes:

Dude and 11 others get ratted out while playing a tournament and go through a load of Thai bureaucracy which ends up just amounting to a $25 fine after 19 hours of getting shipped around.

OP limps 56s on the button but does not post HH.

Thai girlfriends are nice.

fin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I quoted myself.

Yes, I think we're still missing a critical piece of information here.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11411843
Old 07-28-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets see. You said this stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
your gf used 2b a whore kthxbye

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you said this stuff..
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You repeatedly accuse me of saying/thinking/philosophizing "all Thais are corrupt" and that "all Thai women are whores"...which of course I never said. that would just be ignorant and stupid,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you'll try and count how many of your assertions now look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Quite clearly I was well off the mark with my comments. Someone's made themself look silly here.....I don't think it's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, it is actually, although I appreciate you using the word "think" as it shows your own doubt on the matter.

Are you even being serious?

The first two quotes are statements of fact, would you like to deny their truth? My opinions have developed due to the conversations I've had in Thai with Thai people. I don't think that makes me more qualified to give an opinion than anyone else, but, at the very least, it counts for something more than your wildly overblown generalizations.

The next two quotes were both jokes, one of which I explained already.

In fact, I've already given a more than adequate reply to all the stupid things you said, perhaps you should get someone to explain it to you?

If you wish to use me as a sounding board for your own insecurities and prejudice then I'm happy to accommodate you, but you can't just randomly gather quotes together and pretend that any point you were struggling to make has now been proven.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:12 AM

so much white priviledge and entitlement in the story