Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Beat: Convicted of Playing Poker

[ QUOTE ]
the thai girlfriends blew the police right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave mine 10,000 baht (about $300) to try and buy my way out of this

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to get her arrested too? You sound like a hell of a guy.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If you know anything about Thailand you would see this is standard protocol. Its not like USA where you goto jail for trying to bribe someone. In Thailand they either accept the bribe or refuse it, but its very unlikely to get in trouble for offering the bribe.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damn. one of my roommates was thinking about moving to Thailand for a year after the online poker ban in the US so he could relax and play poker. good thing he didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times has the Thai FBI raided your house for internet poker ski?

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't that we couldn't play or were worried (because it's not illegal to play). he had been planning the trip for a while and the timing was just a coincidence. but he thought one extra perk was easy access to deposits and withdraws.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 PM

You should've told the judge you'd coinflip for his yearly salary.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 PM

Man this sucks, worth reading IMO, Thai girlfriends always seemed nutty to me, nice catch
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should've asked the judge [b]for a 10k fight, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If you know anything about Thailand you would see this is standard protocol. Its not like USA where you goto jail for trying to bribe someone. In Thailand they either accept the bribe or refuse it, but its very unlikely to get in trouble for offering the bribe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived and worked in Thailand for over 3 years. Standard protocol is to never do something so stupid that it involves you having to offer bribes to anyone.

LOL@ you and your buddies thinking you had "connections" to get you out of trouble. The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years. Thais are such traditionalists in that regard. If you do anything that puts yourself in their hands you're taking huge risks. It doesn't matter if you're a tourist or if you've been living there for 30 years, if someone in power decided that they wanted to ruin your life for some petty misdemeanor, they could do just that. You're a guest in their country, just another "farang" and you will always be "farang", nothing more. Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

Thailand is a 3rd World country that has never really understood the implications of democracy, let alone implemented it into a cogent system of governance.

Also, you may find the helpfulness and supportive nature of your Thai girlfriend is in direct correlation to the amount of money she has/can/will get from you now and in the future. Just wait until her father's buffalo gets sick and she needs money for the vet's bills.

Or maybe she lub you, only one.

Anyways, choke dee na khrap and all that.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In attendance are:

Rich, the host, an early 30's restaurant manager from Germany, with an impressive poker setup and nice apartment in central Bangkok

Apple, Rich's Thai girlfriend, a few years his junior

Edward: A 70 year old Canadian, engineering professor at one of Bangkok’s top Universities

Ron: 27 year old American owner of a popular Sukhumvit area Bar. Bangkok veteran

Brent: 24 year old American sporting 8 day stubble and a t-shirt celebrating the go-go bar industry. Has been living in Bangkok for years. Enough said.

Jessica: Mid-twenties recent college grad from Washington State, came to Thailand to teach Music just 2 months ago

Pierre: 30ish year old Frenchman who didn't talk much the entire evening. He lives in Bangkok with his Swiss wife and their young son.

Me: Wild Bill

Yo: Late twenties Canadian on his first trip to Thailand

Marvin: Late twenties Bangkok Resident and Australian Citizen who equally divides his leisure time between tennis, go-go bars and poker

Anthony: 35 year old high school science teacher who has been living in Thailand for the last decade.

Josh: Late twenties Canadian Software Engineer and Bangkok Resident

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand why none of these people speak Thai
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived and worked in Thailand for over 3 years. Standard protocol is to never do something so stupid that it involves you having to offer bribes to anyone.

LOL@ you and your buddies thinking you had "connections" to get you out of trouble. The Thai government and all their officials are endemically corrupt and have been for years. Thais are such traditionalists in that regard. If you do anything that puts yourself in their hands you're taking huge risks. It doesn't matter if you're a tourist or if you've been living there for 30 years, if someone in power decided that they wanted to ruin your life for some petty misdemeanor, they could do just that. You're a guest in their country, just another "farang" and you will always be "farang", nothing more. Living in a country where money means so much in terms of status, it's easy to get confused and think people actually respect you the person, instead of you the walking ATM.

Thailand is a 3rd World country that has never really understood the implications of democracy, let alone implemented it into a cogent system of governance.

Also, you may find the helpfulness and supportive nature of your Thai girlfriend is in direct correlation to the amount of money she has/can/will get from you now and in the future. Just wait until her father's buffalo gets sick and she needs money for the vet's bills.

Or maybe she lub you, only one.

Anyways, choke dee na khrap and all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap.

and to OP, you had sex. huzzah!!!