Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 PM

Default AK TPTK gets check-raised on flop.

Villan seems like the average mediocre player, not very aggresive and kind of a calling station.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $93.40
BB: $175.25
UTG: $96.00
Hero (MP): $100.00
CO: $140.15
BTN: $133.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($9) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($41) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $25.00</font>, Hero ????
Old 07-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: AK TPTK gets check-raised on flop.

Dump turn
Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 PM

I'd probably shove because TPTK against an average donk is the nuts and I'd expect to see AJ/AT often enough.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM

I would say the min raise by the donk is either a week Ace or a semi-bluff. I would reraise to $40. This donk would maybe think that you are playing KK/JJ and hopefully reshove on you and now you are in a great spot TPTK vs a lower pair or week Ace.

Another way to play this is that if you get the read that the donk is on a weaker Ace is to call the turn and then reraise on the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say the min raise by the donk is either a week Ace or a semi-bluff. I would reraise to $40. This donk would maybe think that you are playing KK/JJ and hopefully reshove on you and now you are in a great spot TPTK vs a lower pair or week Ace.

Another way to play this is that if you get the read that the donk is on a weaker Ace is to call the turn and then reraise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

sry dude but this is terrible
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the reraise the "terrible play" or shoving on the river?
I'm not being confrontational....just want your reasoning. thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 PM

I'd call down. You'll stick in another $50 on the river so its like $75 to win $40+75 and i think he has a worse A/bluff/suckout on his two pair/who knows often enough to justify calling.

I would never dream of raising though, I don't think your hand is good the 60% of the time or whatever to make it worth it.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the reraise the "terrible play" or shoving on the river?
I'm not being confrontational....just want your reasoning. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i explain this to you, but you gotta trust me on this one: Your reasoning shows obvious flaws in your poker-logic, so if you play this high, start by moving down to NL25/NL50 and post in the microstakes forum for a while. They can help you just as well as we, and the learning will cost you less.

So to the hand in question.

Raising as a semibluff/bluff means that we gain the value from this play because villains folds hands we beat. A semibluff is a bluff with outs, basicly raising a straightdraw/flushdraw, hands we can still win to pot with when called by hands that are better in the moment. "Semibluffing"(which is the wrong term) with TP/TK in pointless. you only fold out hands that you already have beat, and theese are hands that we can get value from by calling. Theese are hands like A8(that might call a bet later on) or a bluff(he might want to continue bluffing). Shutting out theese hands are very very very bad on a dry board like this. There are absoultly no draws we have to charge.

And why would villain put you on jj/kk? Thats just absurd, noone plays jj/kk like that trust me.

And by reading the last part of your post im now sure you are a gimmick account, so FU why did i write this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Also its spelled these, i noticed now but im to tilted to change it.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Fold turn you will see A6/AQ more often than not.