Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Upcoming WPT Ladies Night V: Who should/will be @ the table?

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to back your choice of Brandi for WPT Ladies Night V.

[/ QUOTE ]

What has Brandi H. done to earn a shot at WPT Ladies Night V?

One cash for $15K is not going to cut it.

In my opinion, the three women who did enough during WPT Season 5 (by cashing in multiple events) to EARN at-large invitations to WPT Ladies Night V are Mimi Tran, Kristy Gazes, and Melissa Hayden, who just happen to be 3 of the top 11 in all-time career tournament poker earnings among females:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/ranking/137

(Mimi is #5, Melissa is #10, and Kristy is #11)

I don't think I can find anyone who will disagree with that assessment.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, why are you smearing JJ on this forum? Do you feel a sense of duty to inform the public? It seems like a poker player is safer getting Brandi as a girlfriend than getting you as an agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not the one with the alleged criminal activities on his/her record.

I am not the one with Chinese "cold war" political baggage.

--

My business plan, from the day I started my agency, is to represent the "ambassadors" of poker who can perform marketing campaigns effectively around the world, in languages other than English, in order to grow poker.

I have ZERO tolerance for acts of moral turpitude from the players I work with.

Why not?

I won't be able to get explicit licenses to do business in places such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, or Taiwan if I were to represent players who allegedly committed criminal acts and fled to a country with no diplomatic relations for the purpose of avoiding prosecution.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still, why are you smearing JJ on this forum? Do you feel a sense of duty to inform the public? It seems like a poker player is safer getting Brandi as a girlfriend than getting you as an agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not the one with "cold war" political baggage.

I represent "ambassadors" of poker.

Why not?

I won't be able to get licenses to do business in places such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, or Taiwan if I were to represent players who allegedly committed criminal acts and fled to a country with no diplomatic relations for the purpose of avoiding prosecution.

[/ QUOTE ]
All those are good reason to not work as JJ's agent. None explain why you keep going after her now that you're completely unrelated to her professionally.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All those are good reason to not work as JJ's agent. None explain why you keep going after her now that you're completely unrelated to her professionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is still an existing contractual link betwen Ms. Liu and my agency which runs through December.

I cannot comment on the details in this forum.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--

My business plan, from the day I started my agency, is to represent the "ambassadors" of poker who can perform marketing campaigns effectively around the world, in languages other than English, in order to grow poker.

Why not?

I won't be able to get explicit licenses to do business in places such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, or Taiwan if I were to represent players who allegedly committed criminal acts and fled to a country with no diplomatic relations for the purpose of avoiding prosecution.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, it seems to me like an agent who makes a habit of digging up the dirt on his clients to assure that they meet his moral standards, and then publicly outs those who don't, is going to find himself with very few clients. These matters seem best handled behind the scenes. In this case, I am guessing you want to be seen publicly venting your outrage as a demonstration to Taiwanese/mainland Chinese authorities -- but it's putting your own interests above your client's. Apologies for the continuing hijack. This'll be my last comment in this thread.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, it seems to me like an agent who makes a habit of digging up the dirt on his clients to assure that they meet his moral standards, and then publicly outs those who don't, is going to find himself with very few clients. These matters seem best handled behind the scenes. In this case, I am guessing you want to be seen publicly venting your outrage as a demonstration to Taiwanese/mainland Chinese authorities -- but it's putting your own interests above your client's. Apologies for the continuing hijack. This'll be my last comment in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I did NOT dig up the dirt on Ms. Liu.

Ming Pao reporter Helen Yan, who was assigned by her editor to write the feature story on Ms. Liu after WPT Bay 101, did the digging, as any good reporter would do.

I simply asked Ms. Yan, two days AFTER the article was published, how she dug up the dirt on Ms. Liu.

Ms. Yan replied "Google" (in Chinese).

I simply followed Ms. Yan's procedure to duplicate what she did.

And yes, I try to do as much due diligence on prospective clients as I can. My reputation, and my ability to obtain licenses in Asia (particularly the Chinese-speaking world), requires that I perform due diligence on prospective clients so that I won't wind up working with another "bad apple".
Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Sour Grapes after the Bay101 stuff went down...

Also sounds like a cautionary tale for those looking for an agent and why they should chose carefully.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - you must not have read the Brandi drama bomb thread.

Huggles,
- j
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - you must not have read the Brandi drama bomb thread.

Huggles,
- j

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to bet that over 90% of the 500,000 viewers expected to watch WPT Ladies Night V on GSN in the U.S. or Canada (during the first broadcast) do NOT read 2+2.

2+2 represents a very tiny (statistically insignificant) fraction of the TV poker-viewing public in the U.S. and Canada.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is still an existing contractual link betwen Ms. Liu and my agency which runs through December.

I cannot comment on the details in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, that makes it worse -- you have no problem in putting out damaging information about soemone with which you have an existing client relationship?

Somehow you think that's acceptable?