Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: AA on TURN

I don't know leela, but I can't rule out KK/QQ yet with Lileor in the hand given that you didn't cap it preflop. She might well keep ramming an overpair correctly, in my view, given that you probably don't hold AA/set and Lileor could have anything. She probably gave you something like AT or a flush draw. I do understand the fold though.

-----------------------------

Chris-

What stakes do you play? I don't mean that offensively, just curious. The advice I've seen you give on this thread and elsewhere reads like good advice for a low-stakes forum, but often seems to miss the point in a bigger game.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM

leela is a 30 VPIP 18 PFR guy..those stats are for 6 max and his agg. factor is 1.45...so he is nut out of line really.....lileor i was NOT concered about in this hand, it really was leela
Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 PM

It's always interesting when deception lands you in a spot where:

a) you don't think your opponent can know how strong you really are, but

b) they have claimed to be able to beat the hand you do hold, even though they don't know you hold it.

It's not surprising when posters just complain that had you not played deceptively, THIS hand would be easy to play. Ok, so what? That doesn't make it the play wrong (though it may very well be wrong here).

Anyways, to your question...

Sure, they don't put you on aces. Most likely, they think you have a hand like AT, a hand that doesn't cap preflop, but likes the flop enough to check-3-bet. Your turn donk looks like you are trying to stop the button from taking a free card with a spade draw, and his raise seems to say that no, in fact, he really does have an overpair.

Now the SB comes over the top of you both. If he can't beat an overpair, he is dropping a huge bluff, 3 bets multiway. That's not very likely. On a T653 board, 2-pair really doesn't look very likely... so we have him on a set.

Given that the button still has TT in his range as well, it dosen't look like we're going to make much money by calling 2 cold here. I'd fold without a read that the SB was a maniac. He has played his hand consistent with 55 / 66 all the way. I'd believe him here.

-eric
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM

eric...i really appreciate your breakdown of the hand....and BECAUSE of the reads i had on these players i gave leela credit for a MONSTER while lileor was just a nuisance..in essence if NOT for lileor i would have gotten to SD, he WON this hand for leela by raising the TURN and letting leela 3 bet here......lileor is just crazy aggro while leela is very much in line....
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 PM

30-60 is real money for sure, but I'm surpised to see it here. 40-80 and 50-100 hands are routinely posted in Mid-High.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:03 PM

SAI..i would be posting my 50/100 hands here, however, the unique spots i have found myself in of late have been my 30/60 hands and quite frankly want comments from the high stakes players since these hands are against other high stakes players (50/100 and 100/200 players that we all play with).....