Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Default C/R River holding 2 pair

Villain is 29/0/.75/44 (Calling Station)

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

I guess my question here is what do you think Villain has? He's probably not bluffing, but did he hit a straight? Also, did I play the River correctly, or is it a B/F?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: C/R River holding 2 pair

You are never good here. Vil has anyone of a ton of hands that beat yours. I'm not folding for 1 though but I'm sure that is a mistake against an LPP unless you have a wierd table image when this is played.

Vil has TT, JT or A9 or 99.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM

I call river expecting to lose and take a note. If villain has a straight and it's not AT, then he's pretty much an idiot.

By the way, you should fold this preflop at least until you've got more experience.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

It looks as though you are almost certainly beat when your opponent check raises you on the river. But, I would also have called as you are heads up and the pot is quite big.

Although it would be unusual for a passive player to c/r the river as a bluff, it can happen.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:51 PM

I fold preflop.

On the river, you're probably in trouble. I think CO has AT/A9 a fair amount more than a straight as I don't think he bets other Tx hands on the flop. I probably call anyways hoping for a worse two pair.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Fold preflop

anyone given any thought to checking behind on the river I may be a huge wuss here but so many hands beat us lets just take a free showdown. I guess he could still be calling with another A that we have reverse dominated I don't know I think I check here honestly. But I've allways been passive on the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone given any thought to checking behind on the river I may be a huge wuss here but so many hands beat us lets just take a free showdown. I guess he could still be calling with another A that we have reverse dominated I don't know I think I check here honestly. But I've allways been passive on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't fold to a river raise (like all of the rest of us), checking behind might not be that bad.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think in the long run you are missing a lot of value checking behind here.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 PM

as far as preflop, the table was waaaaaaay LP, so i played my Ax for it's positional advantage... now that i look at it, its a terrible multiway hand.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Fold preflop.

The rest looks good. Horrible river, but checking behind feels very weak. I call the river, but expect to lose.