Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Default NL100 - Line check with flush

NL100 6-max

Relevant stack sizes:

Villain: $95
Me: $150

Villain complained the last few days about running bad. He usually reloads when he gets below $100 but hasn't been doing that this session. I've played two big pots with him: one where I overbet the pot by 2.5x on the river with the nut straight after I c/c flop with the OESD and I made nuts on turn and it went checks around. He thought and called with TP 8 kicker that hand. Other hand he minraised UTG, I made it 9 OTB with Aces and he insta-shoved for $120, and we chopped it up when he had Aces as well. His minraises PF have been much bigger hands than his standard raises. I believe I have a TAG image at the table.

Villain raises to $5, 1 fold, I call in the CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], others fold (Pot is $11.50).

Flop 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain leads for $4, I make it $12, he calls.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check check

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I bet $30, Villain calls.

Flop looked like a weak c-bet, but his call seems strange. I suppose 99/TT/maybe JJ here, AA-QQ wouldn't bet so small on a drawy board and he'd 4-bet, and AK/AT of spades I imagine would shove. Should I be firing $16-$20 on turn here? I thought taking a free card was ok, and intended to probably pay off a Queen or Jack river, or make a thin value bet.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: NL100 - Line check with flush

This looks very standard. But if a Q or J hits on the river, I'm not calling a $30 bet.