Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: STARS $20 HUTN..i keep losing to these -40% ROI players????????/

I have never really studied hu play but do beat these games so take my response fwiw.

Hand #1 good

hand #2 I would raise or fold the flop against the player you describe I think I would just muck.

Hand #3 I would c/c or c/f c/c if I felt he would give up on the turn with air and c/f otherwise.

Hand #4 fine

Hand #5 fine

Hand #6 I could see folding the turn or calling the turn and river against certain opponents but I don't see why you would raise the river. The only thing you get him to fold is a better Ax which is unlikely or a missed draw/ air which you beat anyway.

Hand #7 fine, sometimes I would raise pf sometime lead the flop but mixing it up here is good.

Hand #8 fine

Hand #9 gross, lead the flop or c/f

Hand #10 fine

Hand #11 fine

Hand #12 havent decided about this one

Hand #13 gross fold the flop
Old 07-27-2007, 05:43 PM

i'll look at it more later, but at a glance i would say you need to stop bluffing against this kind of player. these guys are hard to deal with when you are carddead, but when you are hitting they are will pay you off. you aren't going to win 80% of your games against this type.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM

He aint folding [censored] and nothing on the board seems to scare him. You were playing ok but just donking off chips mainly due to frustration. Hand 2 you tried to steal it didnt work no biggy. Hand 6 the river raises was uber dumb against him hes a donk treat accordingly if you think your a high is good call but never raise. Hand 8 dont check two pair heads up on the river oop. Value bet this guy hard I would have fired 80 at least a check is bad value. Hand 9 dont chase when he has a 2 to 1 chip lead. Last hand was real bad he has about 3 to 1 lead and you starting calling with overcards on coordinated board and the river bet was desperation.

Simple part dont loose focus - hard part put into practice
Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Losing exposes your leaks. You need to just value bet and wait for a player like this to give you their chips. Sometimes, this will take a while and sometimes you'll get them all in the 4th hand.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 AM

The only thing I would say is that, the villain uses unapplied aggresion, you don't hit flops and in the few hands that you knew the implied odds of connecting on turn or river would be well worth the call, you didn't hit + the odds were quite long. The problem in this situation is your stack constantly shrinks and your on the back foot in every hand, you don't know where you are in a hand any of the hands.

The way I play this style of villain (rightly or wongly) is to really tighten up. villain won't notice as much as you think he will. lose as little of your stack as possile till you get some cards, muck till you hit a flop, and let him bet into you. In the first few hands you've called bet's on the flop only to give up next hand, and he'll keep using that. I try to never bluff, when you do hit he'll bet, you call, on the turn he'll bet, you miniraise, because he's a calling station. and then you'll have a nice size pot to the river. One of these to 5 - 10 of the hands you mucked staight away and you'll gain contol, he'll either flip and start pushing you all in, or he'll quiten down.

All the above of course is depentant on the usuall factors as possible draws etc with your bet sizes.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Bluffing + cbetting vs this guy = -EV

Straight value bet every hand you've got top pair or better and you'll win everytime. No need to try to make this a quick and short match, patience is a virtue.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM

aftre looking at this about 20 times, i realized that i basicly played this with the thought, that " im better than this guy there is no way he can beat me." and started chasing weak ass draws, tring to get too cute in spots. i appreciate you guys taking the time to take a look at my mess.