Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: who you know

It's an excellent list. But I sure can't find where three parallel streets intersect in Henderson. They all get renamed about the point they start curving around, but even so, I don't see where GVPkwy+Eastern+Maryland meet, even in their curved and renamed form.

And you forgot (stolen from a blog which stole it from an unnamed source):
[ QUOTE ]

19. And always remember, when driving in Las Vegas in the summertime, it is a good idea to wear pot holders on your hands!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add "bring the potholders with you to open the front door of any west or south-facing business after 3pm". You can get blisters doing that. Many of them are wise enough to wrap their door handles with foam, but not all--out of town friend wondered, once, why I stopped outside the door of a restaurant we were entering and waited for him to open it--he figured out why pretty quickly (despite being a cook for a few years and thus having asbestos hands, he still shrieked in pain).

Had an argument with someone about how hot the water coming outta my black hose was when I first turned it on. I was yelling "ouch" and he was saying "it can't be THAT hot". I laid the hose out and let it bake a couple hours and then turned the hose on to just a dribble and stuck a meat thermometer in... 147F. Severe burns in about 3 seconds. "ouch".
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
out of town friend wondered, once, why I stopped outside the door of a restaurant we were entering and waited for him to open it

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I get around to making the "best of bav" compendium, this post is making the list.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM

I have driven in Vegas many times, all over town...never had a problem with a good map. As with any major city, it helps to know which roads to avoid and when. I have driven in many cities, the world over. Vegas is a piece of cake compared to places like Boston or London, or even Toronto; traffic-wise. If you really want a challenge, try driving in Mexico City sometime. I have seen demolition derby's that looked easier.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have driven in Vegas many times, all over town...never had a problem with a good map.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are poker players. Poker players make $$$. Get a GPS!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here's a couple more tips for you to make the transition to vegas a little easier.....fallow them...fallow the all to a "T"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to do a cut and paste job from other forums, at least try to give a source for where you found it.

Google returns about half a dozen hits for the same list when you search for "Spring Mountain/Sands/Twain."

It's actually not bad and the original author deserves some credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

bro, i have no freakin clue who wrote this thing, its been on my computer for about 3 years....also who cares who wrote it? its funny and its pretty dam accurate!...chill out
Old 07-27-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here's a couple more tips for you to make the transition to vegas a little easier.....fallow them...fallow the all to a "T"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to do a cut and paste job from other forums, at least try to give a source for where you found it.

Google returns about half a dozen hits for the same list when you search for "Spring Mountain/Sands/Twain."

It's actually not bad and the original author deserves some credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

bro, i have no freakin clue who wrote this thing, its been on my computer for about 3 years....also who cares who wrote it? its funny and its pretty dam accurate!...chill out

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, bro, he was right. At least say you don't know the source in your post. Thats how it works, dig?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM

for all of you who need the author of the list.sorry he/she didnt sign my copy..... so i dont know who wrote it. but if your out there....great job sir or ma'am
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Moving to Las Vegas....

[ QUOTE ]
also f.y.i. this town is in dier need of teachers

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty darn funny.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i ran into a bar owner I sorta-knew from Suffolk County NY. He is 40 now, sold his bar and moved to Vegas to become a cop. Why? Vegas cops are some of the best paying positions in the nation he told me. Wow... when i was a kid the best paid cops were in Suffolk County NY, things sure have changed!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats because working north las vegas is like working in a warzone

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it. I was cruising around MLK bvld last momth. I saw a cop on every street. and they weren't just lounging in the cruiser, every one of them was talking to someone. It looked like they all were trying to settle problems without arrests.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 PM

i dont see how people have such a hard time navigating this city. i've been here a year and a half and haven't had any problems. i'm from philadelphia and i still hardly know my way around that city.