Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 100NL, A8s, and c-betting high card flop

[ QUOTE ]
cbetting here turns your hand into a total bluff (which well, it kinda is anyway. On top of that I think he is raising any bet you make here every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? just that his flop prob hit his range? not saying your wrong just not quite sure villian always raises your c-bet here?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM

let us not forget that villains range is wide open here and includes any ace and most kings, scs, small pairs etc. It is a scary flop for him and you hit top pair. I think a bet here is good and a check is terrible as he will bet 95% of the time and you can't call a bet.

provided that he doesn't have KQ here i think a bet will take this down the majority of the time
Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM

I do not like 3b PF at all
I would bet out ~21 and give up
Yes it turns our hand into a bluff
however c/c makes it incredibly easy to bluff us out
like half of the deck is a bad card for us
c/f is to weak
Actually the more I think about it I do not like either line but I like b/f the most.
I might be wrong though here
Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM

one might argue for not 3betting A8 oop, but since we did and got called, i think we have to fire one more time, then shut it down. i'm not sure what your c-betting tendencies are, but villian knows this is a scary board, so he's gotta give you credit if your betting this flop, no?

i just don't see what other option you have other than betting, surely this won't get checked down to the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 PM

This moved here for discussion? I'll give it a shot but more detailed reads would be great.

I can think of two scenarios. First, he is super aggro, if we check is he betting? Have we ever 3-bet and checked? What percent of his PF button raising range is he calling with in position? I think quite a bit of it. When I check and he bets, I am shoving. Assume he bets $20, the pot is $46.50 and we have $73 behind. I believe he will fold Axs, unless he has two pair, this is a mistake. He has to call with two diamonds, we are a favorite right? We are close to dead against KQ, TT, JJ, AT, AJ and he will never fold those IMO. He's also never folding hands like KdJd, we will pick up some outs on the turn against JT. He could fold AQ here, probably not, but it would be huge mistake if he did. If he checks behind I am happy because the pot is smaller and fire an $18 bet see what happens.

We could lead the flop but I think because he called PF he's not just folding to c-bet and will either float or shove over us. Do we call shove? I don't think so. If he floats, the pot will be like $76 and we need to open shove turn.

Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:46 PM

i would cbet about 18$. yes, we have a marginal hand, but clearly in a 3bet pot oop with TPNK we are not going to be able to play to showdown in the dark, so i don't see that as very relevent here. my only concern is whether or not my cbet will show a profit, and i think it will. even though the flop hooks up with a lot of hands, a lot of those hands still aren't going to make the call, even in position. i think villain's range is wide enough here for me to bet and then shut down.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM

vixicator, say we c-bet and he just calls, he can call with such a wide range, as he knows we can fire that bet with any 2 cards since we showed strength preflop, what do you do on turn? it has to kind of scare you he just cold-called and didn't reraise and i like the crai line here because if we check hes cbetting almost 100 percent mostly against hands we beat, but what if we c-bet and he coldcalled... now what? i'm lost to this scenario
Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM

this is exactly the reason you don't 3bet a RIO hand OOP

let him steal your $1 FFS
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vixicator, say we c-bet and he just calls, he can call with such a wide range, as he knows we can fire that bet with any 2 cards since we showed strength preflop, what do you do on turn?

[/ QUOTE ]I addressed this part. If he floats our c-bet I am open shoving the turn. He will float a lot like you said, doesn't really need to have a hand. We can't c/f and the pot is too large to CRAI now. Open shove turn is best IMO. I make c-bet size that the pot is large enough to shove turn.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM

yeah weak aces are terrible hands to defend with i've found. I'd much rather defend with a hand that has more potential than reverse implied odds..