Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: AA- and I´m helpless

You played the hand correctly. Checking the river is good because though you have Aces, it's only one pair and you're out of position. Villain could be playing two pair so if you bet the river, you're generally getting called by a hand that beats you. I'm assuming villain has AJ, KJ, QJ, or a busted straight since he checked behind on the river? Because you're out of position and villain has called on the flop and turn, there's no reason to bet the river. I doubt he has a straight because he would have put in a large bet on the river. As I said before, checking the river is good here. I'd probably call a reasonably sized bet on the river (i.e. 1/4 of the pot but nothing bigger). If villain was chasing a straight, take notes on him and keep exploiting that weakness. Nice hand.

AC
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM

grunch

welcome to the forum.

fine up until river, where you should make another bet for value. Most Jx hands are calling, trust me. The disadvantage of checking is that villain might check behind with hands he would have called a bet with, happy to see a showdown for free. Also, you surrender control of which parts of his range he puts in a bet with. He gets to decide how often a bet goes in instead of you.

Also, you should post full ring hands in the full ring forum. This forum is for 6max discussion only. The optimal solution however, is probably to start playing 6 max instead and keep posting in this forum.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 AM

I'm half potting the river every time. Any decent Jack will probably call you here, and it stops you facing a big bet if he will bluff big with a missed straight. Two pair or better generally raises turn.

However, I don't play full ring, but thats what I'd do at 6max
Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM

I bet little less on flop,otheriwse thats how I'd pplay it vs unkown
Old 07-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Well, you bet the turn (bet a little more next time... the bet looks scared and the board is draw heavy now), so you must have thought you had the best hand there. What could the 3 have helped? You have to bet that. There are a ton of people online that can't lay down top pair here. There is definitely value in betting (i.e. a worse hand might call), so bet.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM

His holding was JQc so he was on a gutshot-flushdraw with top pair. I thought if he holds something like that he would shove and i also thought it would be clear that i hold PP. I think next time I´ll just bet the River, (in this case I think he would have folded).