Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 25,000 Hand Stats Review. Advice greatly appreciated.

There are major leaks in his game.
The rollercoaster graph indicates that as well.
I'd loosen up a little bit and dont fold on the river that often. They bluff at you all the time. Make more blocking bets on the river and don't check too often. If an opponent check-called all the way and the river is a blank fire again.
Post some hands here in the forum and ask for advice.

Check out Pokey's post about how to use PokerTracker.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NO, 90% of the players looking at his stats think that.

GET IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are trying to say that only the losing players think he is playing too tight. I have a 7PTBB over 32k hands playing at 22% Vol. This is at 50NL though. I guess 25NL is tougher.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:32 AM

as others have stated something is wrong with your blind play.
i also think you're playing way too weak for a 15% vpip.
your w$wsf is 34 and wtsd 20
whereas i play 25% vpip and mine are 33 and 23 respectively
Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as others have stated something is wrong with your blind play.
i also think you're playing way too weak for a 15% vpip.
your w$wsf is 34 and wtsd 20
whereas i play 25% vpip and mine are 33 and 23 respectively

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think he is playing way weak.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 PM

I play 6max and fluctuate between 17-20% VPIP. My first impression is that those swings are way sick for someone playing as tight as OP. The variance should be less if the VPIP is lower.

I think there is strong evidence from the graph that OP has some tilting issues, some "There is no way this loose player has a better hand than me" type issues. I should know because I play super tight and also had those issues.

To OP: At this limit you need to nut pedal. More likely than not when someone plays at you strongly, they have you beat if you just have one pair. Learn to read aggression as a good hand and not as a bluff. Also try to play your A game all the time. Don't start calling people down to keep them honest. Play all 2pr and better hands strongly. Try to build big pots when ahead and recognize that AK is a great starting hand that will usually be beaten if you have your whole stack in the center. Control the pot and play more aggressively in position. Use your nitty tendancies to fold hands in the blinds that you would not normally fold and loosen up a LITTLE in position. Be willing to let go of hands sooner if you get massive resistance (getting checkraised on the turn is a great place to start).

I guarantee that with stats like yours and those improvements you will see a dramatic increase in your win rate. You can definitely win with stats as nitty as yours at 6max. Just don't fall into the "I have the best starting hand and don't need to worry about post flop play" trap.

+EV
Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GET IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are trying to say that only the losing players think he is playing too tight. I have a 7PTBB over 32k hands playing at 22% Vol. This is at 50NL though. I guess 25NL is tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, you are in the top 1%, good job.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 6max and fluctuate between 17-20% VPIP. My first impression is that those swings are way sick for someone playing as tight as OP. The variance should be less if the VPIP is lower.

I think there is strong evidence from the graph that OP has some tilting issues, some "There is no way this loose player has a better hand than me" type issues. I should know because I play super tight and also had those issues.

To OP: At this limit you need to nut pedal. More likely than not when someone plays at you strongly, they have you beat if you just have one pair. Learn to read aggression as a good hand and not as a bluff. Also try to play your A game all the time. Don't start calling people down to keep them honest. Play all 2pr and better hands strongly. Try to build big pots when ahead and recognize that AK is a great starting hand that will usually be beaten if you have your whole stack in the center. Control the pot and play more aggressively in position. Use your nitty tendancies to fold hands in the blinds that you would not normally fold and loosen up a LITTLE in position. Be willing to let go of hands sooner if you get massive resistance (getting checkraised on the turn is a great place to start).

I guarantee that with stats like yours and those improvements you will see a dramatic increase in your win rate. You can definitely win with stats as nitty as yours at 6max. Just don't fall into the "I have the best starting hand and don't need to worry about post flop play" trap.

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

you probably call down too much
Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GET IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, you are in the top 1%, good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? There are several 2+2 players with 20%+ VPIP crushing the micros. Stop being a NIT your whole life.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM

I highly recommend pokey's post on blind stealing. The only time I like to play the blinds is if I'm the bb and the sb limps to me. I raise a high percentage of hands here and play them in position against the small blind. Position, Position, Position. There is a reason you can raise the blinds from the button unmercifully and it is usally correct to fold your blind.

I think you need to tighten up in early position and loosen up in late position more. According to Pokey, (who I recommend you attempt to emulate.) Your PFR% should be double for the Button what it is for UTG.

If we are giving credentials. I've won about 9.72BB/100 at 25NL Full Ring over 30,000 hands and I'm about 1bb/100 at 6max 25NL (I started with a sick 6 BI downswing and just got positive, probably 10,000 hands of 6max.)

How are you playing small pairs? Are you raising and continuation betting with them? Calling with them when you have position? They are gold mines for me.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is strong evidence from the graph that OP has some tilting issues

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get frustrated at the tables so any kind of tilt is definitly very subtle. I am a humble person by nature, the money is meaningless, only the joy of success is appealing to me while playing this low. I don't think I am giving up money due to tilt but think the problem (other then the blinds) lies somewhere with lack of experience post-flop.

[ QUOTE ]
How are you playing small pairs? Are you raising and continuation betting with them? Calling with them when you have position? They are gold mines for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep- opening from any posistion and c-betting.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, even the harsh reality ones. Keep em coming for anyone else who drops by! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]