Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: 2/4 A7s Bird, Plane, Super Semi-Bluff

Assuming the blinds are tight (and I assume at least the BB is) if villian shows up here with anything other than AA/KK (maybe QQ) then he is pretty bad.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gosh what a mess

pf is fine

i feel like you should take a passive line here. all we beat really is nothing, but we have a draw that we want to see if we can hit. as played i think you have to bet the river, but i probably would have c/c c/c, and might c/c the river in case he has ak, lol

i think your line is gonna require a b/f on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Grunch

This is almost my exact thinking as well. I don't b/f the river though because it's possible the villain may not bet 88-JJ here in fear that we have the Q. We may save a bet sometimes. I don't think many hands we beat are calling here so the bet has little value I think.

Edit: Forget my 88-JJ possibilities. I misread the action and that this guy open limped from the button. I still don't bet this river for the same reasons.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the blinds are tight (and I assume at least the BB is) if villian shows up here with anything other than AA/KK (maybe QQ) then he is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

not "stealing" with AA/KK in a steal position is worse imo
Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 PM

My first thought was a c/r on the flop, but i think a c/c is okay. I think that spiking that 5 sets up the turn c/r because without it i'm just c/cing again. Once that 7 hits i think you've got to b/f the river. The times you're ahead and get a call plus fold equity plus the value of seeing a show down for one bet I think all add up to a b/f on the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:08 PM

If the villain is tight and aggressive, open-limping on the button is a really odd play. However, if I did somehow open-limp on the button, I'd probably three-bet anything I had if it came back to me heads up and raised by the BB.

I can't figure out what he would open limp from the button, though. My best guesses are that he is getting cute/greedy with a big hand (like AA-QQ); or that he had checked the "call" button in advance of the action getting to him with a suited connect or a pocket pair or suited ace or something. If the former, however, I think he'd wait until the later streets to decloak.

So I'm not ready to put him on a monster, although that is the leading candidate in my mind when he makes the original limp.

I don't do a lot semibluffing out of position with a hand that doesn't have showdown value, because it requires me to fire the river in the hopes of him folding. In position, I can check behind. Out of position, he will occasionally bet after I check with a hand you beat, but I can't call that bet.

I like a check-call on the river, having hit second pair. I'm not sure how often you're ahead and how often he calls when you are, but I think he bets a lot of stuff here.

-McGee
Old 07-28-2007, 12:20 AM

I check my option preflop with the intention of winning the pot with a bet after most every flop. Although I'd probably go for a flop c/r when it comes with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s.

The turn c/r is a huge show of strength given the way the hand's played out so far. Unfortunately for our folding equity, it also looks like a semibluff on such a drawy board and if villain is tricky/crazy enough to limp/reraise from the Button, odds are he's tricky/crazy enough to realize that there's such a thing as a turn semibluff check/raise. So basically what I'm saying is that I don't think you ever get a better hand to fold.

I'm torn after we pair our kicker on the river, however, because I still think you're getting looked up by ace high almost every time, and at that point I think it is possible that he talks himself into folding JJ/TT every so often. I also think that even when he calls with his AA/AQ/whatever other hand he has that crushes us, it sets you up to make a lot of nice moves against him later in the session. So yeah, I like betting the river, and I don't think we're ever getting raised so I don't even worry about folding to one.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 AM

Holy crap.

PF is ok either way. I think checking here is a little better but it depends on how villain plays postflop.

He is not taggish.

Nobody open limps OTB that's even remotely taggish.

If he is taggish, his range includes AK 0% of the time.

Bet the flop? If not then CR the flop.

CR this turn is spewy against someone who is probably a fish.

Valuebetting this river is virtually suicide.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is not taggish.

Nobody open limps OTB that's even remotely taggish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mental note: openlimp strong hands more often on the button.

Or the plain English form: TAGs get FPS, too.