Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Brag: 100k Newhizzle Stake That Everyone Says Will Go Bad, Going Good

[ QUOTE ]

Andy:

What is his secret for doing well live, yet not online? I recall several months back, he kicked butt at Commerce. Perhaps keep him there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to ask him - but my opinion is that it's way easier to go animal / frenzy mode on-line short handed so he plays a more disciplined Mark Newhouse game live. On a side note, I know with Mark's personality he will actually be able to calm down more even on-line when playing with my money because that's just how his sense of responsibility works. It forces him to try 120% not to go frenzy mode when he's playing with someone else's money and that's respectable.

One of the hopes I have through this staking deal is that Mark will get used to what it's like to not go on frenzies and develop a stronger mental game. In addition, I'm hoping that he'll see through me that it's important to enjoy life outside of Poker in order to stay fresh and sharp and maintain a passion for the game. I mean, I think his girlfriend's helped in that aspect a lot that I haven't even had to do much - but LA is a big city and there's a lot of non-Degen things to try.

In the end, I just think Mark needed a little help getting on a better track, that's all.

~andy
Old 07-26-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Brag: 100k Newhizzle Stake That Everyone Says Will Go Bad, Going G

[ QUOTE ]
R u the asian Andy from vancouver??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's a different Andy.

Also for another question - I'm not an investment banker. I currently work in management for a software development company - but the liquid cash I have is all from poker and blackjack. You can read about where some of the $ came from in a long post I made in BBV a week back or so. I guess I'll link it here since I couldn't find it myself when I was looking.

My story

~andy
Old 07-26-2007, 03:33 PM

andy, it's easiest to click on your username, show all user's posts, etc etc. that or google it restricting to 2p2 domain.

you guys still out there?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
andy, it's easiest to click on your username, show all user's posts, etc etc. that or google it restricting to 2p2 domain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I never knew that - thanks for the tip. I guess I also never thought I'd have 50 posts on 2p2, but now here I am and the post count is climbing.

Mark is living at the Commerce for a while so yeah he's there. I work in the Greater LA area and I'll be at the Commerce sometime this weekend.

~andy
Old 07-26-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I never knew that - thanks for the tip. I guess I also never thought I'd have 50 posts on 2p2, but now here I am and the post count is climbing.

Mark is living at the Commerce for a while so yeah he's there. I work in the Greater LA area and I'll be at the Commerce sometime this weekend.

~andy

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna try to fly out to commerce every other weekend once i gte back to school. these games sound great
Old 07-26-2007, 04:31 PM

seems like I'm going to spend 4 hours in a car every thursday and sunday for the forseeable future.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Brag: 100k Newhizzle Stake That Everyone Says Will Go Bad, Going Good

andy, i wish i had friends like you....
Old 07-26-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~andy

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna try to fly out to commerce every other weekend once i gte back to school. these games sound great

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied about all this. Commerce sucks. Full of sharks and white chip games never run. You guys stay away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To be honest though, any game with me is a good game ; ) But be careful, I r lucky fish.

PM me if you're in town. If I'm not out of town then I try to go to Commerce at least once every 2 weekends.

~andy
Old 07-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got to say Mark is lucky to have a friend like you. It's nice that you are so willing and don't care about making money off him but if you keep this up you're going to get rift raft coming at you 6 ways. If I were you I'd learn the words "f$%k off" but you seem too nice for this kind of attitude.

On a side note another mean machine was tongni back in the day. Is he busto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tongni isn't busto.

Oh and thanks to EVERYONE for your support and words of encouragement - in this thread, the last thread, and also through the PMs. Sorry I haven't had a chance to read and respond to all the PMs, but I will try this weekend. Can only multi-task so many things at once. : O

~andy
Old 07-27-2007, 03:58 AM

Hizzle up on Unassigned. Seems to running well tonight and last night. Light at the end of the tunnel?

And what's up with all the big LHE games going on at Pokerstars? Pretty cool.........