Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: 50NL Extracting value with these monsters

HAND 1: Call flop raise & wait for next street to spring the trap. Maybe this is a leak in my game, but I think a fish will be more likely to call a smaller bet next st than your all in.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:29 PM

Hand 1 seems standard...

Hand 2 also standard... I might raise to $25 to make it easyer to call and get the rest in on the river.

If he is very aggro/bluffy I might just check sometimes, because if he has 72 he might fold, same goes for AJ (however unlikely), TT and QQ... Even if he's slowplaying AA/KK he might fold (it's only one pair after all)... In a set over set situation you are getting it allin on the river anyways. But I think he is over representing a pair of 7's or on a pure spewing bluff quite often as well, since he needs the case jack to have a real hand and there are only two possible sets, no draws and no believable two pair combinations and it is unlikely he has AA or KK since he didn't raise preflop. If we call we extract another bluff and then go allin to get the lower sets to call.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot size reveals results sir, if you know what to look for.
Hand 2. Our opinion's are the same. Don't be offended, is english your first language?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not offended but I've never been asked that before. What risk do you see in just calling here? Back door flush or the a 2 outer? At this point i'm not worried about risk of losing but how best to get AI.

In this instance the pot size shows only the size of the pot up to this point. It's a HH converter option that I keep checked. So, don't draw anything from it in this case.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. what is he raising with? You are beat or he has a draw, I think calling here is fine. You blew him off the pot.

Hand 2. Similiar situation, except this Villian is a much better player based on stats and play, you induced a bluff or value bet (from his point of view) on turn, call here if you want to risk making more money. Maximum value comes with some risk.

[/ QUOTE ]