Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Tell me about Seattle

[ QUOTE ]
Ask New001 - he lived in Seattle until he relocated to Tomball, TX. Pretty sure he hates it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I'd hate living in Tomball too! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Houston pretty much sucks from what I've seen. DFW, Austin, or San Antonio are pretty cool places to be but thats about it for Texas as a whole. I've worked all over the state and those are the only places I'd consider living.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you like beer, there is no better city than Seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Micro-brews basically started here. The beer is fabulous, you are never stuck drinking Budweiser.

[/ QUOTE ]You guys are funny. There are 33 microbreweries in Portland. We own Seattle in the Micro department. That being said, Seattle does have some good ones.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If ya got the bucks go have dinner at the top of the space needle the food is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatca Talking about man they hired a new chef and he's supposed to be like one of the top 50 in the world ???
Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 AM

If I was listing fantastic places to eat in Seattle, I'm not sure top of the needle is where I'd start. I haven't been there myself, but I never here it mentioned by the local foodies.

Seattle rules. From around nowish (if you ignore this week of [censored] rain) till October it's amazing.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I live in tacoma with the scumbag drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes, murderers, illiterates, homeless, good for nothings.

I'm afraid to go to the 7-11 at night.

I'm currently in Iraq and I feel safer here than in tacoma.
I think philadelphia and the bronx are safer than Tacoma.

But Seattle and 98 % of the surrounding areas are just AWESOME just don't move to tacoma because you spot a nice housing deal. Someone was prob killed in that house.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah, I went to college in Tacoma. told u i was hardcore
Old 07-26-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If ya got the bucks go have dinner at the top of the space needle the food is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatca Talking about man they hired a new chef and he's supposed to be like one of the top 50 in the world ???

[/ QUOTE ]

And he was fired! i got some details if u want em.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And he was fired! i got some details if u want em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want details. The last time I ate at the Space Needle was quite some time ago (locals don't do it much) and I thought the food was excellent. Definitely not the best in the city, but very good, and the view can't be beat.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Seattle is awesome. Probably some of the best skiing in the country within 1-2 hrs, and if you want to take a longer weekend trip, whistler is only a short 5 hr drive away (and you can take a quick stop in the greatest city in NA, vancouver).

Other than that, the weather here is actually pretty good. Even during the fall, winter, spring months, it doesn't rain as much as people seem to think. The only negative regarding weather is that the drivers here SUCK especially when it rains/snows. Its almost ridiculous how bad they are in the snow, and just a little rain can cause huge backups. Unexplicable traffic is common place, but my commute is from bellevue to seattle (via the I-90) and i barely get any traffic (mostly because of the express lanes going in the same direction as me).

In terms of food, Seattle has pretty good food, not the best, but very good still. You'll find great asian food pretty much anywhere you go (vancouver is still much better in this department, though).
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM

The only place in the Sea/Tac area that's really scary is Hilltop (1998ish, my friends are rolling through in his new Mustang, stop at stop light, cop pulls up, tells that that stopping at a light in that car in this neighborhood was stupid) in Tacoma.

The CD might be slightly skeezy, but it's not like fear for your life you might get shot.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 PM

I live 30 miles No. of Seattle in Mukilteo. I like the sun. If you are a fair weather boater we only have about 2 1/2 months of nice warm summer. Last winter we did not see the sun for 5 months. I talked to many people that were absolutely sick of these dark [censored] days when it gets dark at 4:30.

Dreary, dark drizzly days for 5 months. The traffic gets much worse on the wet days also.

The skiing is great and close.

I'm moving towards a better climate when my kids are out of school.