Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: How good /bad am I (clarification on BB/100 & BB/Hr values)

[ QUOTE ]
I can't work it out. The value does seem low to me and although I have captured some screenshots I don't know how to attach them to this posting???? Can someone tell me how.

PF AF is 0.68
Flop AF is 3.73
Turn is 3.22
River is 4.72

Total is 1.42

It seems to me that I am not AG enough PF which is clearly affecting my overall value. I do raise 80% of the time AA KK, AK, QQ, JJ, AQ and SC's in LP as the opening raiser. I also reraise with AA KK and sometimes AK QQ JJ 10 10 depending on position of course. I will sometimes limp in EP with AA KK with a view to reraising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably could get away with raising nearly 100% of the time with your raisable hands at NL50. The only real reason to mix it up sometimes is if you think your opponents are paying attention/to randomize your game a bit. I know at NL25 I could literally play 4/2 and get action almost everytime I raise. Can't imagine it's much different at NL50.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM

Still pretty nitty, but the aggression is not too bad. When you play 14 VP$P you have to be aggressive.

If you don't plan to open up a little more and go out of your way to play hands against fish or weaker players that you can outplay, then I would at least try to up the PFR to 9+
Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mike!

OK, with the box unchecked my total AF is now 3.69.

That seems a bit more realistic.

Hopefully I may get a few more positive comments now I've posted the correct value.

So what standard am I at?

Still nittish???? I can take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still pretty nitty, pf-r % is what says alot about a player i find.

You only raise 6% of hands, so that high Pocket pairs, AJ+ and not a huge amount else. You problay limp behind in late position with SC's, small PP's, suited gappers - these are hands alot of players would be raising.

The NL 200 guys will give a much btter answer as thy will know what is needed to be winning at levels higher up then you.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Sound advice so far...thanks all and keep it coming.
Ian
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 PM

OK, here are the correct values and the position stats as request.

Any good advice welcome. Many thanks for your help.

Sorry for the crap quality screenshots!!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi I'm been playing 50NL (9 handed ring) for a few months now and I wanted to find out where my game is at.

I have played 67,092 hands over the past couple of months or so at this level. A total of 190 hours, multitabling with between 5 and 8 tables per session.

My BB/100 is 2.91 and BB/hr @ 1.66 total, profit of $19.051....true win rate $10.25 per hour.

Can someone please explain the BB/100 and the BB/hr value and are they relative to the number of tables per session played and how I apply the values to guage my success.

I'm a 13.93 6.24 0.68 player.

Also what standard of player would I be considered to be.

All useful comments/help would be well received and appreciated.

BF

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont even look at BB/HR...Pokertracker adds up the time you spend at tables simultaneously. Look at your BB/100..example, mine for July is 8/100 at NL200. I play 4 tables, and average 250 hands per hour.
That means, I would take 8 x 4 (PTBB 2 x 2) = 32. Then mutliply that by how many hands per hour (factor of 100)
So, I get 32 x 2.5 (2.5 x 100 = 250) to get $80 per hour.
What does that mean? I should stop being a lazy ass and play some more hands!!!! Thats sick!

[/ QUOTE ]

post something, PT, graph, etc. i would love to see your numbers with the way you play your hands. not that i don't believe you since you play 4 tables and can probably get away with different lines.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Here's my graph effang.

It started off nice, then got a little swingy, I though because of being over agg but I just think its more down to a lack of knowledge and skill. I would like to see my won at showdown figure more than 50% too.

I'd appreciate your comments. Ian
Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM

The first thing that really jumps out to me is the large difference in you PFR and VP$P in EP. Personally I would raise a few more of the hands, you are probably limp/calling quite a bit. This is probably the reason for your low Preflop aggression numbers.

Second, your CO numbers could stand to be a little closer to your button numbers. IMO you should be attempting to steal the blinds 20%+, you are probably doing plenty from the button, but you might loosen up your CO standards in unopened pots to be relatively close to your button stats.