Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Thoughts on AQo Push - Live $30 buy-in donkament

22 people to start, top 3 get paid. unlimited rebuys first hour. Start with 3000, blinds 25-50, blinds increase every 20 minutes.

Past the rebuy period, 11 left, one until the final table. Sitting on 10,000 with blinds 500-1000. 5-handed, pick up AQo, push all in from cut off.

Was this a decent push? I'm 3rd in chips at my table. Button has about 17,000 and BB has about 15,000.

PS: Button is tight, BB is awful and will call with any ace or two face cards, even though its 66% of his stack. I have SB covered, and he is pretty tight as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on AQo Push - Live $30 buy-in donkament

If I'm 3rd in chips I'm not pushing. I could be wrong though, its a situation I often get confused about myself.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Well, I'm third in chips at my table. Not sure exactly what place overall, but i would say middle of the pack, maybe 6th out of 11
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
22 people to start, top 3 get paid. unlimited rebuys first hour. Start with 3000, blinds 25-50, blinds increase every 20 minutes.

Past the rebuy period, 11 left, one until the final table. Sitting on 10,000 with blinds 500-1000. 5-handed, pick up AQo, push all in from cut off.

Was this a decent push? I'm 3rd in chips at my table. Button has about 17,000 and BB has about 15,000.

PS: Button is tight, BB is awful and will call with any ace or two face cards, even though its 66% of his stack. I have SB covered, and he is pretty tight as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would push your question over from the B&M forum (where it doesn't belong) to the MTT Strategy forum where they cater to your needs.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM

Sure, sorry about that
Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 AM

No need to post same thread twice, nymetsfan. You'll learn the ropes. What other options were you considering here?

Also, yeah, sorry that you got called with A4o, being ahead like that and losing is what MTTs are all about. Also, next time you want to post a hand that feels really results orientated, try "Brags, Beats, and Variance." They are very encouraging over there and you'll feel better about your decision.

Barry
Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No need to post same thread twice, nymetsfan. You'll learn the ropes. What other options were you considering here?

Also, yeah, sorry that you got called with A4o, being ahead like that and losing is what MTTs are all about. Also, next time you want to post a hand that feels really results orientated, try "Brags, Beats, and Variance." They are very encouraging over there and you'll feel better about your decision.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the results posted somewhere, or are you just assuming the usual, Barry? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Of course, you push - you have 10BB's, at a 6-handed table, and AQ - every single time.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 PM

This is not close.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Barry,
Thanks for all your advice. I was asked to move my post from b&m to MTT, and wasn't sure how to move it, so I just reposted.

Also,
I know I was being results oriented, just needed the confidence to know it was the right play.

Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the results posted somewhere, or are you just assuming the usual, Barry? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Of course, you push - you have 10BB's, at a 6-handed table, and AQ - every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been posted on the other AQ thread, and yeah, he was being a little results orientated. I mean, he did push for a reason (the obvious one) and he's new, so giving a little info wasn't a waste of time, I thought.

Barry