Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: beat: fulltilt tourney lock

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am in the $55,000 Guaranteed with 14 people left and I am second in chips. They still haven't unlocked it, keep saying they will do it once everyone returns. I will flip out if they end of canceling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize this is fantastic news for you if they cancel, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No because some observer said according to their rules, every one who entered the tourney gets only their buy in and entry fee back.

It's total horse [censored] because I am second in chips with 14 people left out of ~400. I don't want my $150 buy in back, I f#kin want the second place prize money!

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. if you are in the money in a tournament, and it is cancelled, the tournament ends right there. so if they cancel it with you in 2nd place and you're in the money, you get paid what 2nd place gets paid.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 PM

not so sure about that BTYS
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not so sure about that BTYS

[/ QUOTE ]

those are the rules. i had a huge arguement with FTP about this that lasted about 2 weeks cuz i was CL 3 out of the money and the tourney was cancelled. i cited their rule which they said was misstated and only applies if the people have made the money at the time of cancellation.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"We will be resuming tournaments in 3 minutes. Thank you for your patience."

boy, that was fun

[/ QUOTE ]

They lied! They still haven't started them back and it's been almost 30 minutes since they said 3.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM

i know. its gonna be sweet tho cause i think atleast half the pple left already.

beat: was supposed to be at the bar right now
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM

they should chip chop the remaining prizepool....
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they should chip chop the remaining prizepool....

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they should, and i hope BTYS is right cuase they just voided the remaining tournies
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 AM

Rule 31:

Occasionally, due to technical difficulties, a tournament may be cancelled. Depending on the tournament's status at the time of this cancellation, Full Tilt Poker will do the following:

* 31.1. If a tournament is voided before it starts - Players will have their buy-ins and fees returned in the same currency they used to enter the tournament (real money, tokens, etc.), unless they entered the tournament through a satellite, in which case they will be refunded the standard buy-in for the tournament.
* 31.2. If the tournament had not yet reached the money - All players still in the tournament at the time of the cancellation will be refunded their tournament buy-in and tournament fee. Players will have their buy-ins refunded in the same currency they used to enter the tournament (real money, tokens, etc.), unless they earned their entry through a satellite, in which case, they will be refunded the standard buy-in for the tournament. In addition, the buy-ins of players already eliminated from the tournament will be divided up and distributed to the remaining players, based on their chip counts. Guarantees and money added to the prize pool will not be included in the player payouts.
* 31.3. If the tournament had reached the money - All players still in the tournament at the time of the cancellation will be awarded with the next guaranteed payout and have their tournament fee returned. In addition, the remaining prize pool will be distributed amongst the surviving players based on their chip counts.
* 31.4. In a Rebuy tournament - the number of rebuys or add-ons a player has made does not affect the payout if a tournament is cancelled. If a tournament has not reached the money, all players will have their initial tournament buy-in and fee returned, as described in bullet 31.2. In addition, any other money in the prize pool (excluding guarantees and money added by Full Tilt Poker) will be divided and distributed to the remaining players, based on their respective chip counts. If a tournament has reached the money, payouts will be handled as described in bullet 31.3.
* 31.5. If a tournament awards a non-monetary prize, such as a World Series of Poker prize package, Full Tilt Poker will assign a monetary value to the prize, and distribute the cash value to the remaining players, based on their chip counts. If all remaining players have each won the first-place prize at the time of cancellation (e.g., the remaining players have each already secured a WSOP prize package), they will each keep their prizes.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 AM

was just gonna site that.

and:

beat: 18th place, 200 left.. probably 50 left after this wait, and now i get a couple of rebuy's back. yay
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* 31.3. If the tournament had reached the money - All players still in the tournament at the time of the cancellation will be awarded with the next guaranteed payout and have their tournament fee returned. In addition, the remaining prize pool will be distributed amongst the surviving players based on their chip counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

ftp changed it...that is such a [censored] up rule.